• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

I'm taking my Factory X Thor hammer to the viewing tonight.

:headbang:

Promise to throw on a red cape, some underwear outside of your jeans, and a winged helmet? Make sure if anyone asks, tell them you're a comic dealer, and "I'm kind of a big deal." :P

You wish.

:grin:

Watched it in xD 3D last night as well. Not on par with Iron Man 1 or the first 2 Spider-Man movies. It isn't the worst super-hero adaptation to film, but it isn't the best either. Somewhere in the middle of the pack imho.

Wow you might be only person who said the movie was just so so. hm

:hi:

Man some of you guys are too critical. Of course they can't stick to EVERY Single issue of Thor into an 1hour-54min movie. Things have to be beefed up for Hollywood. Look at Iron Man, X-Men, hell even Spider-Man made changes (Organic Web Anyone?)

And you can't compair Thor to Dark Knight! It was a sequel that had twice the budget of the first one.

I wasn`t critical of the movie because of all the changes Hollywood made, although admittedly I didn`t like them.

I was critical because the movie just wasn`t that good once Thor left Asgard and arrived on Earth. At least Iron Man benefited from a good acting performance by Robert Downey. You could argue that Thor had an Oscar winning actress, but let`s face it, Natalie Portman was mailing in her performance.

Just saw it tonight in Imax 3D + it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! (worship) (worship) :headbang: :headbang: :whee::cloud9::takeit: As a life long fan of the character, I was worried that this movie would fall short of expectations + it didn't.

****SPOILER WARNING******Loved the changes to the look of the frost giants, they were fearsome + powerful. Love how they changed Bifrost into a sci-fi engine, a wormhole creator. Loved the portrayl of Loki, perhaps one of the best performances in the film. You could be sympathetic with his character, which added a whole other layer to the character not present in comics.The effects were incredible which put the icing on the cake. Marvel hit another home run with this one. Also, loved the JMS cameo, who wrote the screenplay as well.

I agree, Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki made the film. When I imdb'd him, he shows up as one of the supporting characters in Wallander (Branagh plays the title character). I didn't recognize him.

I missed the J. Michael Straczynski cameo, I'll have to be on the lookout when I go back tomorrow...

saw the movie this afternoon. it was spectacular and the special effects were extraordinary. Besides thor my favorite character was the gatekeeper. he was awesome. i really liked the sequences when thor would smash is hammer into the ground which would cause a massive earthquake and everyone would go bye bye. this is right up there beside iron man 1 as my favorite comic film of all time. five star rating (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I agree, Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki made the film. When I imdb'd him, he shows up as one of the supporting characters in Wallander (Branagh plays the title character). I didn't recognize him.

I missed the J. Michael Straczynski cameo, I'll have to be on the lookout when I go back tomorrow...

I'll have to check out Wallander just to see more of Hiddleston's work.

**********SPOILER WARNING****************************

JMS/He's the first guy who tries to lift the hammer.

I guess Stan Lee is seen shortly thereafter when he tries to pull Thor's hammer and ends up ripping out the entire bed of his truck. Now that was funny!!!

No movie can make everyone completely happy :)

Thor is definitely a film I'll have to see more than once to take it all in.

It's a visual feast, you see things you missed the first time.

Iron Man 1 was like that too.

Hope GL can measure up :wishluck:

I guess Stan Lee is seen shortly thereafter when he tries to pull Thor's hammer

and ends up ripping out the entire bed of his truck. Now that was funny!!!

One of his best cameos!! lol

I have always been a fan of the SA Thor books, so I had high hopes for this movie. Natlie Portman is gorgeous but I did not believe her as Jane, nor did it seem like her and Thor spent enough time together to develop a deep love. I liked the portrayal of Loki and Hemdall, but I sensed a bit of over acting on the part of the actor playing Thor.

Definitely worth seeing, but I was hoping for more. I guess I was expecting a bit more action and better fight choreography from Thor's disciples.

Watched it in xD 3D last night as well. Not on par with Iron Man 1 or the first 2 Spider-Man movies. It isn't the worst super-hero adaptation to film, but it isn't the best either. Somewhere in the middle of the pack imho.

Wow you might be only person who said the movie was just so so. hm

Everything I am hearing is it just as good as those movies.

Average movie, certainly not on a par with Iron Man.

At least it wasn't awful,

Saw it last night. Loved it! For me it is still slightly behind Dark Knight and Iron Man though. Definitely enjoyed all the characters and thought the fight scenes were better than Iron Man.

***SPOILERS***

I am not sure how I feel about Loki actually being a Frost Giant though and I was hoping to see Hawkeye take a shot or two in the movie.

Anybody else recognize the other items/weapons in the artifact room?

Can someone explain to me the very very end, after the credits. That was Loki, agent shields and who was that other guy? Also what was the significance of that that power box that they opened out of the briefcase. Just somewhat confused about that, and thanks for any clarification.

Can someone explain to me the very very end, after the credits. That was Loki, agent shields and who was that other guy? Also what was the significance of that that power box that they opened out of the briefcase. Just somewhat confused about that, and thanks for any clarification.

The other guy was Nick Fury, the 'power box' looks like a Cosmic Cube.

Saw it last night in 3D and it was really cool just as good as Iron Man IMO. The effects and sound were great and the story flowed pretty well and Chris Hemsworth was very good as Thor and The Destroyer was just bad azz. One thing though for such a big movie there were a lot of empty seats. Did anyone else notice that?

One thing though for such a big movie there were a lot of empty seats. Did anyone else notice that?

Everyone prolly already watched it on their computer since it released to the rest of the world a month ago.