• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

So if you haven't gone yet, go see Thor! That will increase the chance of a sequel. I'd like to see a love triangle between Thor, Jane & Sif (team Sif all the way) --scratch that, throw Beta Ray Bill in there as well. You want more action? We've already seen the Casket of Ancient Winters, how about some Beta Ray Bill & the Surtur Saga, with Walt Simonson's input?

I was really hoping to see storm bringer among the artifacts in the armory

Dice, honestly there is so much visual simulation that I believe seeing it in 2D is probably best.

I was frigging wide eye'd and bushy tailed on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Had I seen it in 3D (never been to an IMAX flick) I figure I just would have been peeved thinking about the glasses the entire time.

The move stands on it's own. Watch it raw and donate the extra money to charity, not some Hollywood exec's pocketbook.

(thumbs u

The most amazing thing tonight that I appreciated was how many awesome fantasy movies are coming out and how well made they are.

There was a full length trailer to the new Cap movie (which was awesome) but there were also several other trailers that were very impressive in the same veins as the comic book movies.

Immortals was one of them (produced by the same people as 300...I called it as the trailer was rolling).

I took my hammer to the theater and got a round of applause from the audience. One guy asked me to bring the lightning which was hilarious.

I've been waiting more than 3 decades for this moment to arrive.

Really, just an awesome time to be a comic book fanboy.

:headbang:

I'm not big on the 3D as I feel like I'm losing something.

I wear glasses and you have to put those on top of your glasses, then I have double glasses and whatnot.

Then 99% of the time you put the glasses on and they are all scratched up to the point they are fuzzy. Hey...be sure you recycle.

You know...How about you make me pay $10 for the glasses and let me keep up with them. Then you can charge me regular price for the 3D movie since I'm not "renting" your damn glasses. If I keep up with them it would a) prevent me from being pissed off because the movie started and I realize they're scratched all to hell and b) the ultimate recycling because I have my own friggin glasses.

I'm not a big fan of 3D, but there have been a few where the 3D was actually good. Well...Avatar was. That's the only one that's made me actually say "wow" out loud. Other than Avatar, I think 3D is useless.

If you've never been to an IMAX showing, consider going for it, but I was happy with regular 2-D. I'm a bit jealous that 3-D is only an additional $2 in your area, but since you wear glasses 2-D is probably the most convenient way for you to go...Getting there in time to nab a good seat would help, too.

So what do you guys recommend?

I've never been to an IMAX movie before. There's a theater a few miles from me. I think it's only another two bucks. Two more bucks for 3D.

Please vote in my poll to help me decide. I think I'll go see it tomorrow.

I think you should talk a long walk off a short pier (shrug)

Let me know when you need to make another decision :baiting:

I've never been to an IMAX movie before. There's a theater a few miles from me. I think it's only another two bucks. Two more bucks for 3D.

How about you give me analingus. Do you need instructions or do you remember how I like it?

If you've never been to an IMAX showing, consider going for it, but I was happy with regular 2-D. I'm a bit jealous that 3-D is only an additional $2 in your area, but since you wear glasses 2-D is probably the most convenient way for you to go...Getting there in time to nab a good seat would help, too.

The theater 1/2 mile from me is $9.50 for regular and $12.50 for 3D.

I can drive 2 miles to the IMAX theater and watch it for $10 in IMAX or $12 in IMAX 3D.

I've never been to the IMAX place before and just found out their prices tonight. I may start going there instead of the place by my apartment.

How about you give me analingus. Do you need instructions or do you remember how I like it?

:o

I am not the Doc. Please forward instructions. :sorry:

I can drive 2 miles to the IMAX theater and watch it for $10 in IMAX or $12 in IMAX 3D.

I've never been to the IMAX place before and just found out their prices tonight. I may start going there instead of the place by my apartment.

Your regular theater prices are higher than average, I think, but the IMAX prices significantly lower than average. For the extra .50 cents, I'd opt for 2-D IMAX.

Your regular theater prices are higher than average, I think, but the IMAX prices significantly lower than average. For the extra .50 cents, I'd opt for 2-D IMAX.

I may give it a try just to experience the IMAX for my first time.

anyone have thors hammer prop they want to sell me ? pm if so

The Hero prop from the film itself? Best of luck!

If you mean the cardboard lobby prop, I'd like to have that too. There are replicas starting around $60, a limited to 1000 edition version for $350:

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/001621.php

But that doesn't hold a candle to the Factory X Hammer, which is pretty easy to find on eBay right now (limited to 1500), ranging from $500 to $1500. Here's one for $599 + $39.57 s/h:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thor-Hammer-Mjorlnir-Factory-X-/320693650569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaad4c489#ht_500wt_908

I imagine it's a heavy beast! Too pricey for me, but it's the one to get.

Once you have this, your comic room would rock...As would your Halloween costume...

If you mean the cardboard lobby prop, I'd like to have that too. There are replicas starting around $60, a limited to 1000 edition version for $350:

But that doesn't hold a candle to the Factory X Hammer, which is pretty easy to find on eBay right now (limited to 1500), ranging from $500 to $1500. Here's one for $599 + $39.57 s/h:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thor-Hammer-Mjorlnir-Factory-X-/320693650569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaad4c489#ht_500wt_908

Once you have this, your comic room would rock...As would your Halloween costume...

The factory X hammer is just awesome. I've had mine for a few years now (along with the Cap shield and Iron Man helmet) and it's the life of the party every time it comes out.

Women always ask if they can touch my hammer.

:blush:

The factory X hammer is just awesome. I've had mine for a few years now (along with the Cap shield and Iron Man helmet) and it's the life of the party every time it comes out.

Thor's Hammer? Iron Man's mask? Cap's Shield? What are you, the Super Skrull? :baiting:

Thor's Hammer? Iron Man's mask? Cap's Shield? What are you, the Super Skrull? :baiting:

Super-Adaptoid, maybe?

I saw it in 3D and I have to agree that it doesn't really add anything to the experience and is more of a distraction than anything else. 3D just doesn't work for every movie.

Overall, I thought it was very well done and definitely entertaining. Like Roy I thought there a couple of weak CGI spots, like the crowd scene in Aesgard, but for the most part it was stunning. My wife, who is not a comic book fan, but knows the character from the Avengers cartoon, really enjoyed it as well.

I didn't get a Conan trailer though! :sumo:

The most amazing thing tonight that I appreciated was how many awesome fantasy movies are coming out and how well made they are.

There was a full length trailer to the new Cap movie (which was awesome) but there were also several other trailers that were very impressive in the same veins as the comic book movies.

Immortals was one of them (produced by the same people as 300...I called it as the trailer was rolling).

I took my hammer to the theater and got a round of applause from the audience. One guy asked me to bring the lightning which was hilarious.

I've been waiting more than 3 decades for this moment to arrive.

Really, just an awesome time to be a comic book fanboy.

:headbang:

That is my exact sentiment! I trot that out when folks nitpick a superhero movie. Even a mediocre SH movie is better than no SH movie.

Thor was fantastic! I'm going again next Friday to see it in 2D