• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

Just got back. I thought about making my own thread, but figured I'd post it here.

The good: Everything

The bad: Nothing

The ugly: Guy next to me had a cell phone call during the movie. He didn't take it, but we were serenaded by a second vulgar rap song when the caller left him a voice mail. At that point he decided to turn it off.

During the entire production of this movie, I was skeptical that they could pull it off. I was wrong.

While I rank it behind Iron Man and Spider-Man 2, it's close. Damn close.

I think it meshes well with the other Marvel movies and can't wait for Cap to hit the screen.

Good job, Marvel. ^^

See, it was worth your wait after all.

Just took my family of 4 to see it today. My wife was kind of complaining $60.00 dollars for tickets and refreshments (she made me and the kids help scarf down the popcorn and soda's to get refills to get our moneys worth lol) Myself the two kids and my wife loved the movie and she is hoping a sequel would happen and is looking forward to this Avengers movie.

My movie list is pretty much the same Iron Man and Spider-man 2 so yes this is a top 3 for me too.

M wife on the other hand Liked the Daredevil and Electra Movies and this is in her top three now.

I think a lead Jane Foster character will appeal to women and it doesn't hurt Thor is built like a brick :censored: house hm

Just took my family of 4 to see it today. My wife was kind of complaining $60.00 dollars for tickets and refreshments (she made me and the kids help scarf down the popcorn and soda's to get refills to get our moneys worth lol) Myself the two kids and my wife loved the movie and she is hoping a sequel would happen and is looking forward to this Avengers movie.

My movie list is pretty much the same Iron Man and Spider-man 2 so yes this is a top 3 for me too.

M wife on the other hand Liked the Daredevil and Electra Movies and this is in her top three now.

I think a lead Jane Foster character will appeal to women and it doesn't hurt Thor is built like a brick :censored: house hm

Ugh doh!

Also... What ironman helmet ?.. Or is that a joke :S

Factory X put out an Iron Man helmet (the traditional 1970's/1980's Iron Man) as well as a Cap shield and I bought all 3 a few years ago.

I believe Diamond has since then come out with the hammer again.

I've always wanted these but could never find them at shops near me & EFF if I was going to pay shipping for something like that lol I wonder with thor being a huge hit if they will release a movie version ....

Saw the picture this weekend.

I Liked the Battle/plot in Asgard. I thought the entire movie would have been stronger if all the action was based in Asgard. However, Thor did spend quite a bit of time with the Mortals so it was necessary to bring earth into picture. Can Thor really finish the destroyer off in less than 30 seconds?

Anyway, the film should be successful enough to launch a spin off or two. Anyone up for a Tales from Asgard film (Thor and Loki in their Teens)?

I will admit that I like the movie more the longer I think about it. It's growing on me. I would still place the fist two ASM movies and the first IM ahead of this film but Marvel delivered a credible product.

I viewed the Movie with my wife who I suspect enjoyed the film more than I did. Then again, she never minded watching films starring younger men with long hair. I suspect Marvel scored with that audience.

only $66M in the opening weekend, it's a disappointment, couldn't even beat last weeks winner 'fast five'. :tonofbricks:

lol

:gossip: That was ABOVE estimates.

only $66M in the opening weekend, it's a disappointment, couldn't even beat last weeks winner 'fast five'. :tonofbricks:

lol

I think the estimate was around 50-55 million, so it did well.

lol

I think the estimate was around 50-55 million, so it did well.

Yeah it did just fine.

Also international BO Is up over $175 million already.

It's not going to slow the Marvel Movie Machine as it marches towards that big Avengers confluence.

Did everyone stay past the credits? I did.

Just saw a news bit that Thor made 86 million in USA with over 175 million worldwide.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/08/2207844/thor-is-a-super-box-office-hero.html

Pretty sure that's a typo. All the box office websites say estimated 66 mill.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thor.htm

Saw that too, 66 sounds about right. Google had that 86 million link as the freshest one out.

Ugh doh!

I was thinking the same thing lol

lol

It's funny she really did like Jane Foster and she said too bad Eric from true blood didn't get to play Thor

I Liked the Battle/plot in Asgard. I thought the entire movie would have been stronger if all the action was based in Asgard. However, Thor did spend quite a bit of time with the Mortals so it was necessary to bring earth into picture. Can Thor really finish the destroyer off in less than 30 seconds?

Yeah, I thought that was a bit too easy as well since Destroyer was designed by Odin to be a god killer and has nearly killed Thor several times.

Did everyone stay past the credits? I did.

Yup. About half the theatre stayed. I'm amazing at how quickly some people walk out after a movie.

We generally stay for the credits for every movie.

Would have been a bit of stunt casting, given that Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) is Dr. Selvig's son (Stellan Skarsgård)!

I imagine Alexander's too busy with True Blood to spend 6 months in the gym training like a maniac to bulk up for Thor.

Hemsworth was told by Branagh to ease up on the training, since he was getting too big for the costume.

Would have been a bit of stunt casting, given that Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) is Dr. Selvig's son (Stellan Skarsgård)!

I imagine Alexander's too busy with True Blood to spend 6 months in the gym training like a maniac to bulk up for Thor.

Hemsworth was told by Branagh to ease up on the training, since he was getting too big for the costume.

And Alexander is 7 years older than Hemsworth, The bulk-size difference, and the fact that Hemsworth turned out to be the perfect Thor are important but with potential franchise films they probably want someone who can be around for 4 films and 10 years without noticeably aging.