• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

It didn't ruin the movie for me...just that I found it unnecessary.

What would you have done with your voice as Wayne? I've asked this question probably half a dozen times in these forums and haven't heard a decent alternative yet. I'm sure Nolan is sick of hearing about it by now, it'll be interesting to see how or if he changes that in the next one.

What would you have done with your voice as Wayne? I've asked this question probably half a dozen times in these forums and haven't heard a decent alternative yet. I'm sure Nolan is sick of hearing about it by now, it'll be interesting to see how or if he changes that in the next one.

I don't have an answer for you. But Tobey Maquire did a fine job as Spiderman compared to his voice as Peter Parker. Slight difference if at all but at least it wasn't like Bale...

Well, it wasn't anywhere near as abrasive in Batman Begins. (shrug)

He is wearing a mask cowl, how about researching some tech that can be worn / hidden in the mask that will modulate his voice to alter it? It already exists tech wise, he just needs to miniaturize it for his application. It is entirely plausible.

His voice mask did not bother me in the movie, I think Batman Begins is one of the best Superheroe movies ever made, yes it was dark and adult oriented, that is what I liked about it.

The funniest thing about these Thor threads has been all the Iron Man platitudes. I pretty much expect college film classes to start teaching "Iron Man" right alongside "Citizen Kane" any day now.

Naw that'll never happen.... (tsk)

...no sled. lol

Plenty of rosebuds in Tony Stark's bed.

I kind of disagree about the 3D not being good... I thought the 3D to the movie was subtle but great. To me, it gave the illusion that I was there... I didn't want hammers coming at the screen, and it being over the top... I just felt it created the illusion that I was there more than anything. My 2c

I've seen bad 3D films, Clash of The Titans being one of them, but I felt it served it's purpose with Thor.

I saw it today, was very entertaining. I wouldn't put it on the top level of comic book movies but at that next level. As a comic fan certain scenes just put a smile on your face (i.e. Thor waving his hammer around wrecking havoc).

Thought the 3D also wasn't bad, like Bailey said was very subtle. When you have Avatar level 3D where images are continually coming at you it strains my eyes a bit which I find annoying.

I found the 3D to add a nice effect to the movie. It added depth and perspective that wasn't in your face but certainly added value. I didn't have to pay for glasses either. Not sure why that is happening to some. They gave us the glasses with our tickets and they were free.

I also saw it on 2D today. I'd probably give this movie a 8.5 or 9. And I'd give Iron Man a 8 or 8.5...so I'd rate Thor as slightly better.

What really impressed me about the movie as compared to Iron Man was just how out there the Asgard portions of the movie could seem. I think Thor had the potential to be horrendous if done by the wrong director. But Branagh delivered. He made it work.

I don't have an answer for you. But Tobey Maquire did a fine job as Spiderman compared to his voice as Peter Parker. Slight difference if at all but at least it wasn't like Bale...

Spider-Man doesn't show the mouth and chin like Batman does, nor is he a highly public figure like Bruce Wayne who speaks publicly and probably in front of news media occasionally. People just don't think this mess through. :eyeroll:

He is wearing a mask cowl, how about researching some tech that can be worn / hidden in the mask that will modulate his voice to alter it? It already exists tech wise, he just needs to miniaturize it for his application. It is entirely plausible.

Yea, I mentioned that possibility as well a few posts back. I've never seen that done well though in any movie...maybe there's a cool way to do it, maybe not. Wayne putting a bunch of effort into it for purely aesthetic reasons is a logical jump though which could be difficult to swallow. I'd like to see it tried--or maybe Nolan did try it and didn't like the result, dunno. (shrug)

Probably because by the time you are half way into the movie it's hard to notice anything else. It's so pervasive that even to me, one of the most forgiving apologists and enablers of comic book films, it was really distracting me from the rest of the film.

I'm sorry to hear that! :sorry: All I can recommend is that you limit your washings to no more than 50 times a day, you'll chafe and bleed beyond that. :eek:

OCD.jpg

Probably because by the time you are half way into the movie it's hard to notice anything else. It's so pervasive that even to me, one of the most forgiving apologists and enablers of comic book films, it was really distracting me from the rest of the film.

I'm sorry to hear that! :sorry: All I can recommend is that you limit your washings to no more than 50 times a day, you'll chafe and bleed beyond that. :eek:

lol

You are talking to the guy that will watch Daredevil and Ghost Rider whenever they are on cable. Little things, and sometimes big things, don't bother me.

DK was a wonderful movie, I loved almost everything about it.

Also I had no problem with his voice in Batman Begins.

It was a pretty stark change, and nothing was mentioned about it being Bruce hiding his identity.

Everyone else seemed to notice it as well:

Compare these two clips:

From Batman Begins:

From Dark Knight:

Dramatic difference.

The voice thing never bothered me.

I thought the spoofs that people made were funny but while watching either Bats movie, it never struck me as odd or distracting that he spoke that way.

In fact, I actually liked it because it added to his "tough as nails" persona. He needs to sound angry.

I don't think a debonaire voice would have cut the mustard.

lol

You are talking to the guy that will watch Daredevil and Ghost Rider whenever they are on cable. Little things, and sometimes big things, don't bother me.

DK was a wonderful movie, I loved almost everything about it.

Also I had no problem with his voice in Batman Begins.

It was a pretty stark change, and nothing was mentioned about it being Bruce hiding his identity.

Everyone else seemed to notice it as well:

Compare these two clips:

From Batman Begins:

From Dark Knight:

Dramatic difference.

I never noticed any difference when watching the movies. The voice doesn't bother me at all. Batman should have pathos in this voice, he is afterall, a creature of the night trying to inflict terror in the hearts of evil doers. Is he not?

In the clips you've provided he is talking calmly in the first scene with Gordon, and interrogating a baddie in the next, including yelling. Not really an apples to apples comparison

I never noticed any difference when watching the movies. The voice doesn't bother me at all. Batman should have pathos in this voice, he is afterall, a creature of the night trying to inflict terror in the hearts of evil doers. Is he not?

In the clips you've provided he is talking calmly in the first scene with Gordon, and interrogating a baddie in the next, including yelling. Not really an apples to apples comparison

Inflict Terror? Yes. Make the audience giggle at the gravel over-act? No.

How about this from Batman Begins?

At 3:28 of the clip he's trying to inflict terror on the mob boss, nothing like DK

This is as close as he gets to over the top in Begins:

There's a serious extra layer of gravel thrown on top between the two films.