• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

I wished I lived in another country so I could see American movies before they're released. hm

Amen :preach:

I think it is a complete joke when American superheroes get outsourced to other countries first.

doh!

I am joking you dork hence the word outsourced :baiting:

Though it would be nice if our superhero movies can get previewed here in my state first.

In all seriousness why do the UK get these advanced screening of Thor first as well as it seems other Marvel/DC movies?

Did Bush screw us on that one as well? :cry:

In all seriousness why do the UK get these advanced screening of Thor first as well as it seems other Marvel/DC movies?

Did Bush screw us on that one as well? :cry:

Because those markets are smaller than the American market. If the film performs poorly due to the ending, for example, then the studio has time to possibly re-shoot certain scenes before releasing the film to stateside audiences and therefore beefing up their bottom line.

I wished I lived in another country so I could see American movies before they're released. hm

I think it is a complete joke when American superheroes get outsourced to other countries first.

doh!

He means the comic on which the movie is based is an American creation. :sumo:

Jazz, muscle cars, baseball, and comic books, baby! :headbang:

Saw this yesterday

great fun.

doesn't feel like 2 hours +

the 3d is fairly pointless though

the reason it's being released internationally first is due to release schedule windows not conspiracy.

The first weekend in may is no big deal in the rest of the world, but it's a very big deal in the US cinema market, so Thor was slotted in for that date, whereas in the UK it was opened this week due to holidays here.

doh!

Don't forget the Californian Blondes.

julianne-hough-american-flag_000-11.jpg

doh!

Don't forget the Californian Blondes.

The topic is American creations. While you might claim blondes for California, the Swedes might have an argument there. :baiting:

Maybe we can share in the joy and conversation when it's released in the States a few months from now.

At least you don't have to walk to the theatre through the snow, uphill both ways, granpap.

I was dissapointed with the clip they used on David Letterman last night, was pretty lame. Anyways I can't wait to see this and I hope they start production for a few more of these soon.

With youtube, TV, pre-movie, and all other forms of media previews for most movies these days I wish they would do less clips of movies. (shrug)

Years ago I started to just see one or two previews of the movie, and after that every time a clip or preview is broadcasted in front of me I quickly change the channel.

I'll probably just download it off a torrent site this weekend and save myself $20.

...PLUS I get to see it a week before anyone else in the US. :whatev: