• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

People using WorldPay (i.e., lots of you GPA customers)

59 posts in this topic

American Express uses a 4 digit security code, rather than 3, but in any case, I'll keep on the lookout...I haven't been notified by WorldPay of a breach, my only inkling that there was a problem were the threads on the CGC board.

So I'm having trouble connecting the dots here. I had a security breach on my last debit card. It was replaced. Now another breach on my new debit. The fact that they are Visas is one commonality. Based on the other people involved here on the boards, it doesn't appear to affect Amex.

Different possibilities:

1) Visa has been compromised.

2) Issuing bank has been compromised.

3) Common payees have been compromised.

4) There is no commonality. We are just random victims of credit card fraud who happened to connect vis a vis the boards and we all happen to be GPA customers.

1) Haven't heard anything and I would think the effect would be much larger.

2) I don't think everyone here is using BOA.

3) It's entirely possible that the affected individuals share other common payees: McDonalds, Lowe's; who knows?

4) Also possible, but less likely.

I just post this here to warn people to review your card activity. I used my debit card a lot, just almost never online.

I had my citi visa number stolen and around 1,400 in charges were racked up and I had to cancel the card and get the charges reversed. Other than GPA (world pay) I only used it with two other merchants andi was pretty and my bank and I were pretty sure that world pay was the problem.

I let me gpa monthly renewal lapse because of this. Would resubscribe but want another way to pay

I had my citi visa number stolen and around 1,400 in charges were racked up and I had to cancel the card and get the charges reversed. Other than GPA (world pay) I only used it with two other merchants andi was pretty and my bank and I were pretty sure that world pay was the problem.

I let me gpa monthly renewal lapse because of this. Would resubscribe but want another way to pay

I'm sure you look great, but what does that have to do with it? :baiting:

Perhaps WorldPay was chosen as the vendor for having the lowest transaction fees, but at this point, I think it might be prudent to shop around for a different vendor.

Given that many people use PayPal when they're selling their comic wares on eBay, that might be a good option, even though I expect their transaction fees are higher.

Full disclosure: I do not own stock in eBay, and I'm ambivalent towards which transaction vendor GPA uses, I just would like it to not remain WorldPay at this point.

I have three Citi AAdvantage Credit Cards (Any excuse to get American Airline Miles). Last fall two of the three were hit with all kinds of fraud just before the holidays - a personal MC & a Citi branded AMEX. Due to the current economy Credit Card fraud is rampant.

My GPA account is on my regular AMEX, and I have never had weird problems with that particular credit card. American Express is my favorite credit card.

WorldPay was chosen because GPA is in Australia, and PayPal Australia and - I believe - Amex were incompatible? The specifics fail me, but I do know that PayPal was NOT an option until very recently it was worked out somehow...

I know there's a desire to say that this is somehow George's fault, or that he picked a cheap vendor of ill repute, but my recollection is that WorldPay was the only option available to him that satisfied his business requirements

Not a single problem here on a Visa debit card. My credit union rocks and always calls for anything that might even look weird. When WorldPay did the first charge for GPA, my bank called asking if it was legit.

I had over 5700 in attempted charges last sunday. Only one for 700 and some change them went thru tho and i already have that back.

In a way i do blame GPA for not being more thorough in who they used to accept payments and not being eager to help rectify problems caused to their customers by essentially their business partners. If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

It seems you are again making the assumption that there was a breach with Worldpay.

Youre right, im often a victim to occoms razor. :sorry: