• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody else have issues with...

9 posts in this topic

Showcase New Englands grading? A while back I bought an X-Men #14 from them that they said was in VF. I got this in the mail...

x14.jpg

Everyone over in the grading and restoration forum put it between a 5.0 to a 6.5 ( see the thread hear with a pic of the back cover )

I sent it back to them for a refund (still haven't gotten the refund... gotta check my mail place tomorrow). Now I see it back up on one of their Ebay auctions as a 7.5. They're just dead set that this thing is VF... anybody else have these problems with them?

I've been in contact with her and she has been extremely nice. If the money isn't there tomorrow she said that she would issue another check so I'm not worried. It just seems strange that they would keep selling this one as VF confused-smiley-013.gif

We have had a number of threads about SNE. The end result.....do not buy raw from them. news.gif

EVER

Only question I have, who's worse in terms of grading Showcase, or Mile High.

I have had problems with their grading as well. I only buy CGC books from them. I have actually spent a lot of time on the phone in the past asking about the grade of books only to receive something in rotten shape. I even got one book in "unrestored" condition that had about 1/4 of an inch trimmed from the top and right edges. They always took the books back without any problem, but what a hassle. 893naughty-thumb.gif

We have had a number of threads about SNE. The end result.....do not buy raw from them. news.gif

EVER

Only question I have, who's worse in terms of grading Showcase, or Mile High.

I've never bought a book from either, so I know what I'm talking about when I say Mile High.

(IMO) grin.gif