• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cal Slayton - New Artist Introduction

27 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. My name is Cal Slayton and I’m a new artist here. I found about this board though another artist (and all-around nice guy), Michael Champion.

I’m hoping to do a sketch opportunity but I’m not familiar with the process here. I would love to get in contact with someone who can rep me and get me started. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Looks like a fun place to hang out and I’ve been floored by all the cool art I’ve been seeing. Really great stuff.

My comic book work includes Shades of Blue, Dead@17 Rough Cut, Hero Happy Hour, Digital Webbing Presents, Champion of Children, It Came From Stumblebum, Potlatch and more. My sketch card work includes Topps, Upper Deck, 5finity and Versicolor.

Here are some sketch covers I’ve done ...

black_widow.jpg

emma_jean.jpg

spiderman_mj.jpg

wolverine_x23.jpg

Here is some other work I've done ...

dead_at_17_nara_vs_violet_by_calslayton-d323i9r.jpg

chew___tony_chu_and_john_colby_by_calslayton-d36nywc.jpg

wolverine_auction_piece_by_calslayton-d3by20o.jpg

harley_quinn_live_art_piece_by_calslayton-d37vcuk.jpg

harley_and_ivy_by_calslayton-d31yn6l.jpg

lost_grooves_cover_by_calslayton-d3b018k.jpg

You can see more of my stuff here ...

http://calslayton.deviantart.com/

http://calslayton.blogspot.com/

A little more about me ...

http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=6577

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Slayton

Hey guys! Yep, here I am trying to hook up another artist buddy with a sketch opp! Cal's a great guy, very reliable, and extremely talented. He's looking for someone who can rep him on a sketch opp. Since primarily does local shows in Texas, and not a lot of those, this will be a rare opportunity to get sketch covers done by him. Hopefully we can get someone to step up and help him out. :)

Thanks, guys, and good luck Cal!!!

Hi everyone. My name is Cal Slayton and I’m a new artist here. I found about this board though another artist (and all-around nice guy), Michael Champion.

I’m hoping to do a sketch opportunity but I’m not familiar with the process here. I would love to get in contact with someone who can rep me and get me started. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Looks like a fun place to hang out and I’ve been floored by all the cool art I’ve been seeing. Really great stuff.

My comic book work includes Shades of Blue, Dead@17 Rough Cut, Hero Happy Hour, Digital Webbing Presents, Champion of Children, It Came From Stumblebum, Potlatch and more. My sketch card work includes Topps, Upper Deck, 5finity and Versicolor.

Here are some sketch covers I’ve done ...

black_widow.jpg

:cloud9: I love me some Widow.

Hey Cal!

I used to live in Texas and got this at a show about a week after the Dark Avengers blanks came out:

DarkAvengers1-SlaytonGreenGoblin.jpg

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the warm welcome. Thanks to Michael for telling me about this place.

I'm in talks with someone about repping me right now. I actually had two people contact me about it. Thanks to both of them, I really appreciate it.

To answer some questions I received...

I do take regular commissions all the time, just PM me. I'm currently out of blanks, so you'd need to have one to send me until I can get more. I'm looking to buy (or trade) some if anyone sells them at nice price.

The Black WIdow is not available, it was a commission. Wolverine/X-23 just sold. The other two are available, just PM me if interested.

I don't get out to many conventions, just the ones in the Dallas area. I'll be at the Dallas Comic Con next month.

Pete Palmer - I remember that one, I believe it was the first sketch cover I ever did! Thanks for posting it.

Thanks again

Cal