• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smokey Loves Fish in the Face

17 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]Classic Esoterica

Fish In The Face Covers – highly sought after, rarely seen. [/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS] Tired of laying on the beach and getting sand kicked in your pale, sallow face by the Alpha Comic Collectors? Those guys get all the hot chicks…, while you daydream about the next cartoon version of Wonder Woman, and tone your bread-stick arms.

I used to be a 98 pound Comics Weakling, much like yourself…, until I took the advice of Charlie @ssless, "got focus", and started buying Fish in the Face cover books. Soon, my luck and physique changed, and under the tremendous influence of my lowly “Good” FinFcopies, I was able to upgrade to these uber HG copies of the genre:

BlueBolt_v9_5_MH_9-4.jpg

COTRV47.jpg

That’s right – that top one’s a Mile High, geek boy.

Soon, I had foxy women throwing themselves at my stretch-limo as I pulled up to the red carpet walkway at Comic-Con International.

Time to toss the X-Men, get up off your pimply, fan-boy @ss and collect some really great books that will establish your proper pecking order in the Comix Community! Do it today – be the Alpha Collector!!! [/font]

th_BB95.jpg th_BB95bc.jpg th_BB95b.jpg th_BB95bbc.jpg th_COR47.jpg th_COR47bc.jpg

Blue Bolt Vol 9 #5 copy a - The toughest of the Fish in the Face covers to find, but in my opinion, the best one. I'm calling it Good condition, chip at URFC and very rough BC. $20 (Yes - and that 1" chip at URFC is detached, but present.)

Blue Bolt Vol 9 #5 copy b - The toughest of the Fish in the Face covers to find, but in my opinion, the best one. I'm calling it Good/Good+ condition, chips and chunks, OW pages. $35

Criminals on the Run Vol 4 #7 Classic Fish in the Face cover by L.B. Cole. White pages, Good +, with split from top staple up. $40 :news:[font:Comic Sans MS]Sold!!![/font] :news:

th_4most4.jpg th_4most4bc.jpg th_4mostV2N1.jpg th_4mostV2N1bc.jpg

4Most Vol 1 #4 - classic Fish in the Face cover, one page Dr Seuss. Good condition - $40.

4Most Vol2 #1 - Good minus condition - really rough spine -$12. Note early case of censorship to cover up boner . :blush:

th_pt122a.jpg th_pt122abc.jpg th_pt122b.jpg th_pt122bbc.jpg

Paul Terry’s Comics 122 – Copy A - VG condition, tiny corner missing at URFC, which is nicely hidden by cover colors, white pages, $18.

Paul Terry’s Comics 122 – Copy B - Good condition, cover still attached, but rough spine - cr/ow cover, but white pages. $8.

th_scooter18.jpg th_scooter18bc.jpg th_dm42.jpg th_dm42bc.jpg

Swing with Scooter 18 FNVF - OW pages, almost VFNM except chips at URFC, ULBC. Very nice copy w/ fish slappin’ in the face action. $10.

Dennis the Menace 42 FAIR condition - chunk out BC and spine splitting - the positives are that the front cover presents well :thumbsup: $2.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

[font:Comic Sans MS]Smokey Bear!!! - More Esoterica! [/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS] Yup! There’s no one that can appreciate the hearty slap of a fish to the face better than my main man, Smokey Bear!!! [/font]

th_ffcopyaNS.jpg th_ffcopyaNSbc.jpg th_ffcopybchips.jpg th_ffcopybchipsbc.jpg th_FC653Dell1.jpg th_FC653Dell1bc.jpg

Forest Fire Giveaway - first Smokey ever, 1949, copy a VF/VF- I remember I paid 150 bucks for this prior to the invention of the internet/eBay, and I was damm glad to find a copy. This is the glued bound version. $100

Forest Fire Giveaway - first Smokey ever, 1949, copy b VG - Chips and rips copy. This is the staple bound version. $30 :news:[font:Comic Sans MS]Sold!!![/font] :news:

Smokey the Bear - Four Color 653 - Dell #1, 1955 VFNM and very nice PQ. $90

th_GKey1a.jpg th_GKey1abc.jpg th_GKey1b.jpg th_GKey1bbc.jpg th_Kitefun.jpg th_Kitefunbc.jpg

Smokey Bear - Gold Key #1 copy a, 1970 VF, but some kid that loved his own name signed it twice on the BC, and a couple times inside, and wrote his initials at the top corner of most pages. Still a nice copy though. $8

Smokey Bear - Gold Key #1 copy b, 1970 FN/FN- $5

Smokey Bear Kite Fun Giveaway, 1984 VFNM $10

th_1969a.jpg th_1969abc.jpg th_1969b.jpg th_1969bbc.jpg

Smokey Bear Giveaway 1969, copy a VFNM due to production crease at bottom edge. White inside and out – uncirculated. $2

Smokey Bear Giveaway 1969, copy b NM/NM- . White inside and out – uncirculated. $4

Just wanted to thank you for the ab workout I got laughing at your post. That, and everyone at work now thinks I'm weird(er).

:roflmao:

I'm glad I was successfully funny enough to tickle at least one boardie...., :blush:

Forest Fire Giveaway - first Smokey ever, 1949, copy b VG - Chips and rips copy. This is the staple bound version. $30

:takeit:

:banana: Yay! A Sale!! :banana:

Forest Fire Giveaway - first Smokey ever, 1949, copy b VG - Chips and rips copy. This is the staple bound version. $30

Unfortunately , I'm still only 90 lbs and have breadstick arms because its not a fish in the face purchase :sorry:

Unfortunately , I'm still only 90 lbs and have breadstick arms because its not a fish in the face purchase :sorry:

I was thinking about saying that...., :whistle:

:takeit: Criminals on the Run V4 #7 $40.

Beat me by 1 minute.

Surprised it lasted this long! Classic for us old time GA collectors!

I missed a 9.2 on eBay this past year - didn't have enough $, and the seller didn't answer time payment inquiries. It was a sweet book, and went for lower than what you'd think. :sorry:

Every time I see you post those Smokey the Bear comics I want them but it always seems like the timing is off.
They're always available. I can do time payments as well :thumbsup: