• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Hill/Jason Ciaramella/Ed McGuiness/Christopher Golden SS Opp

68 posts in this topic

Signings went well, there was one book that Mr Hill declined to sign other than that they all got done, though seanfingh's may have accidentally blown out the window on the way home.

no PM for me so I think my books are safe :D The only time I've had someone not want to sign something was when it was a book they had not worked on ... I had my bprd hc signed by everyone at the con even if they had not worked on it but were doing lots of work on current bprd runs but i talked em into it lol

Signings went well, there was one book that Mr Hill declined to sign other than that they all got done, though seanfingh's may have accidentally blown out the window on the way home.
:roflmao:

hm I think I know which one. He refused to sign one of mine too, that I just showed him to strike a conversation with him when the crowds died down. It struck me odd how immediately he cut me right off, telling me this.

what book and what's the reason he's not signing it

so far all "no" to books all have a good reason behind it

I don't know the reason behind Creepshow myself, but I just figured it was either business(different publisher) or personal(his dad's name is on that book and Joe has proven not be in his shadow). I don't know. (shrug)

DSC038941Large.jpg

Although, I was only asking Joe's opinion on his 1st appearance(I brought my raw copy) to ease my mind for my graded shortbox, I dropped the subject quick to ease his. Between the family who jumped in front of me(I brought my mother for pictures, her first convention as I'm trying to cheer her up-she was mortified they did it too- she spent the rest of it in the truck) and making my idol uncomfortable with my Creepshow question, it wasn't the best experience with him. :(

Hoping Manchester's Con is different.

I don't know the reason behind Creepshow myself, but I just figured it was either business(different publisher) or personal(his dad's name is on that book and Joe has proven not be in his shadow). I don't know. (shrug)

DSC038941Large.jpg

Although, I was only asking Joe's opinion on his 1st appearance(I brought my raw copy) to ease my mind for my graded shortbox, I dropped the subject quick to ease his. Between the family who jumped in front of me(I brought my mother for pictures, her first convention as I'm trying to cheer her up-she was mortified they did it too- she spent the rest of it in the truck) and making my idol uncomfortable with my Creepshow question, it wasn't the best experience with him. :(

imo IF the reason is his fathers name it seems a bit silly to me, but i can understand his point

i thought his 1st work was grave tales?

DSC038941Large.jpg

imo IF the reason is his fathers name it seems a bit silly to me, but i can understand his point

i thought his 1st work was grave tales?

He acted in Creepshow and the boy on the cover ressembles him, right down to the Dawn of the Dead poster on the bedroom wall and the other Stephen King ones. Joe also admits to it as being his first comic appearance.

The first comic he wrote was actually Spider-Man Unlimited #8 in 2005.

DSC06155.jpg

He worked on Grave Tales #6 next, but it wasn't released until around the time L&K: Head Games #1 was released in 2009.

DSC05679.jpg

Sorry Andrew about innocently hijacking your thread. :hi:

Risking all sorts of wrath on the homefront after the previous weekend absenteeism resulting from the Boston Comic Con, I took a somewhat impromptu trip north and got the following Hulk sketch from Ed McGuinness as a gift to my son who is Hulk Happy these days. Ed was incredibly nice and very down to earth. Although already late to leave when asked, he happily agreed to draw and was apologetic for having to rush it. Regardless, I think it looks great.

HulkMCGsketch.jpg

Risking all sorts of wrath on the homefront after the previous weekend absenteeism resulting from the Boston Comic Con, I took a somewhat impromptu trip north and got the following Hulk sketch from Ed McGuinness as a gift to my son who is Hulk Happy these days. Ed was incredibly nice and very down to earth. Although already late to leave when asked, he happily agreed to draw and was apologetic for having to rush it. Regardless, I think it looks great.

HulkMCGsketch.jpg

:cloud9: I wish my dad would go out of his way to get me sketches I love him anyways none the less lol

Thanks again for all the submissions!

As a thank you to those who participated I have a few surprises.

From the Ed McGuinness sig requests I will be choosing at random (4) people to receive one of these:

1) CGC Copy of Wolverine: Art Appreciation signed by Ed McGuinness(picture shows actual signed copy) when it comes back from CGC.

wolvieartapprec.jpg

2-4) Ed McGuinness signed prints. They measure 11x17.

eddeadpool.jpgedhulk.jpg

This image is from the Wolverine: Art Appreciation comic

edwolvie.jpg

I will post a Joe Hill bonus as well!