• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My son is in the NICU thread SC 22 and more to be added

47 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone. I am not sure if any of you know, but my wife had to have an emergency c-section last Tuesday. She was only 23 weeks and 4 days along in her pregnancy, but by God's grace my son survived. 24 weeks is the age of viability, but within the last 10 years they have been able to revive some 23 weekers. Pierce, my son, is still with us today, but on Saturday we were called in to hold him because the doctors and nurses thought he was surely dead. He had a potassium level of 10 in his blood, 6 would kill you or me. Potassium is what they use in the lethal injection concoction. They said they never see these levels reverse themselves with infants this small and that there was nothing they could do. Long story short, he has been called the "miracle baby of all miracle babies" by one nurse. His potassium level reversed itself and he is now regulating himself on a cellular level. It is truly a miracle.

We have set up a blog for our friends and family to follow along. Little Baby Pierce http://www.littlebabypierce.blogspot.com/

My wife will probably not be able to go back to work with all the special precautions that need to take place during the first couple of years of a miro-preemie's life and I am currently a full-time student. So I am going to be throwing some stuff up here during the times when I come back home (We have been in the hospital since last Tuesday), so that I can raise some funds for my family.

Please check out the blog and any prayers you can offer up would be much appreciated.

Typical board rules:

First :takeit: in the thread gets it. PM's are certainly welcomed.

I will just include the shipping in the price of the item or note it on each item as my postings will be random and sporadic.

Paypal is the primary form of payment accepted.

Thank you everyone,

NIk

Nik,

I'm so very sorry to hear you guys are going through this,

but relieved your son's condition has improved.

You and your family are in our hearts and prayers.

Bob

This is probably the only book tonight. It is Showcase #22 CGC 6.0 CR/OW

Per board rules I am asking $6500.00 shipped. Of course, PM me though with reasonable offers. I have a couple of bills I would like to go ahead and tackle with the sell of this book.

The book was pressed by Joey. I thought it had a shot a 6.5 because of its overall presentation.

I think I can access some more pics if you need them.

sc22cgc60006-1.jpg

sc22cgc60004.jpg

sc22cgc60005.jpg

Thank you everyone, much appreciated. Yeah, it has been the best and the worst week of my life on a number of levels.

I am about to head back to the hospital. We have the internet there, so I will see if I can used some archive pics to post some more books when I get a chance.

Heart-wrenching story. I've got two little girls of my own and the baby "LuLu" was five weeks early. My wife had problems for the last several months and it was very touch and go. I almost lost my sanity during that period with worry for my wife and child. I don't pretend to have the faintest glimmer of what you guys are going through. But I have all the empathy in the world. Best of luck to you, your wife and the miracle baby Pierce.

My best to you and yours Nik, I work at a hospital and know exactly what NICU stands for- Neonatal ICU. My own firstborn was 4 weeks early and he had to return to the hospital because of jaundice. We never know how life will surprise us. I hope that it all goes as well as possible.

Hey there Nik...you and your family will be in both my wife's and my thoughts. :foryou:

I would also like to do something to help out...any problem with me listing a small book in your thread with all of the proceeds going to your child's medical bills? Or I could start a seperate thread. Let me know (thumbs u

Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours Nik. My wife and I are expecting our first any minute now and she had some complications along the way. I was terrified but that's nothing compared to what you must be experiencing. Stay strong, best wishes.

hi Nik,

I know we've never met, but my wife and I are praying for you and your super son - Pierce. Our daughter was born at 28 weeks weighing in at 2.3lbs. These little ones are pretty incredible. If you need any guidance/support/questions please PM me. We are all too familiar with Ronald McDonald house, March of Dimes (MOD), Share Your Story, As and Bs, O2, and the road ahead.

BTW, out little one is now almost six and is looking forward to starting Kindergarten in the fall :)

hi Nik,

I know we've never met, but my wife and I are praying for you and your super son - Pierce. Our daughter was born at 28 weeks weighing in at 2.3lbs. These little ones are pretty incredible. If you need any guidance/support/questions please PM me. We are all too familiar with Ronald McDonald house, March of Dimes (MOD), Share Your Story, As and Bs, O2, and the road ahead.

BTW, out little one is now almost six and is looking forward to starting Kindergarten in the fall :)

That is great! I am very happy to hear that. I will definitely keep you in mind as a reference.

I had an early one that spent several weeks in the NICU and today she is a very normal, very beautiful, very smart, sophomore in college. It is amazing how far the technology has come in 19 years so I am more than optimistic for your little one. You are in my prayers.

Take care,

RJ