• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books of Magic 1-B for grading

3 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a good copy of Books of Magic 1-B (platinum) to slab mostly for it being my favorite series when I was younger rather than for value. I picked up a copy on ebay for less than 10 bucks. It looks pretty good except for wrinkles close to the binding. Every copy I've seen has these wrinkles to a greater or lesser degree so I suspect maybe the book shipped from the publisher that way. And I notice a depression near the center of the book as well in the middle picture. Anyway I'd like to get a 9.0 out of this book but I'm wondering about and doubting the wrinkles. Attached are a few pictures, can you tell me what you think? Would a pressing help? Any advice or wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Provided there's no hidden damage we can't see, you should have little problem getting a 9.6/9.8 with this book. The spine is immaculate, which is VERY difficult for the plat DC books of the mid 90's. Just looking at them wrong would create a stress mark, and once they're there, they're there forever.

Don't worry about the waviness, they're all like that.

PS. The first picture gave me serious vertigo. ;)

Thanks for the info. I kind of thought it might be the paper stock they were using for this version of the book.

Now that I look at the picture a second time I think you're right. Sorry about that, I was trying to reduce the glare.

-Dave