• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher: The End

18 posts in this topic

I was thinking about picking this one up. How does it compare to Wolverine: The End. I really like that series so far. Didn't care for the hulk though. Should pick up a bunch of copies just so that in 3 months when Ebay goes nuts over the book cgc'ed I will have a some copies to put up and sell.

I was thinking about picking this one up. How does it compare to Wolverine: The End. I really like that series so far. Didn't care for the hulk though. Should pick up a bunch of copies just so that in 3 months when Ebay goes nuts over the book cgc'ed I will have a some copies to put up and sell.

Punisher: The End is just a One-shot and not the multiple issue series as Wolverine: The End. I think Ennis tried to do too much in a short amount of space. It was alright, but Marvel should have given the Punisher the same treatment as Wolverine IMHO.

Punisher: The End is just a One-shot and not the multiple issue series as Wolverine: The End. I think Ennis tried to do too much in a short amount of space. It was alright, but Marvel should have given the Punisher the same treatment as Wolverine IMHO.

Oh yeah, that POS Wolverine story is a real page-turner. sleeping.gif

hi.gifIt was OK. All I am saying is "Punisher: The End" would have been a lot better if it was spread out over several issues with more detail. To me, it was a rush job.

I liked it, too. The story just felt appropriate.

I don't think that Wolverine's The End is going anywhere. I flipped through the third issue on the rack and decided two was more than enough for me.

I liked it mainly because it was a one shot, over-sized book instead of being stretched out over 3 or 4 books. Nearly everything Marvel does is drawn out way to long, so this was a welcome breath of fresh air 893applaud-thumb.gif

hi.gifIt was OK. All I am saying is "Punisher: The End" would have been a lot better if it was spread out over several issues with more detail. To me, it was a rush job.

Is this the same "The End" as "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" or whatever it was that came out a few years back? Or is this still another alterniverse-type thing?

It's new, it's cool, it's Richard Corben on Punisher ala Banner (Marvel Max). And written by Garth Ennis, whose run with the character speaks for itself.

If only to see more of Corben's work, I wouldn't have minded seeing The End strung out over three or four issues. But I'm not complaining. Even after Marvel gets through with his work, Corben rocks.

It's new, it's cool, it's Richard Corben on Punisher ala Banner (Marvel Max). And written by Garth Ennis, whose run with the character speaks for itself.

If only to see more of Corben's work, I wouldn't have minded seeing The End strung out over three or four issues. But I'm not complaining. Even after Marvel gets through with his work, Corben rocks.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sounds pretty sweet. Gotta love Ennis. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now WHY didn't my LCS have copies of this book??!?! 893frustrated.gif

they should have had Punisher: The Movie as a one shot (it sucked big time) and spread out The End to 3 issues...

All in all, what a perfect end to ol' Frank

Frankly I thought it was a stupid ending!!!

they should have had Punisher: The Movie as a one shot (it sucked big time) and spread out The End to 3 issues...

All in all, what a perfect end to ol' Frank

Frankly I thought it was a stupid ending!!!

Get yourself a copy of "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe." MUUUUUCH better. Probably the best Punny story ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

(Just re-read it. May do so again.)

I agree with you. I wish that Ennis fleshed the nuclear war story and Castle's imprisonment out more. This should've been a 6 issue mini.