• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never write ''FRAGILE'' on packages.

41 posts in this topic

My postal workers recommend the Fragile stamping.

What surprises me with all this discussion there are still boardies shipping HG books in priority envelopes. And they'll always tell you they've been shipping that way forever, with never a complaint...., until they ship a book to me, and it's folded in half.

When sending a book worth over $5000 priority or express usps, I would suggest that you tell them the value is $4700 or $4800. Since they will only insure upto $5000, and by stating the value is that amount may lead one to believe that the box contains possibly a more expensive item inside. $5000 is the tip off to a dishonest mailperson, if there is such a person.

As I do with GAtor/Rick I do not want to have a book that's worth that kind of scratch go through the mail,I would rather wait to pick the book up at a con in person.I know it's my OCD at play here,but I had a major book get misplaced by our USPS before. :eek:

My friend Jerro once sent me a box of assorted goodies I waited and waited..weeks later I see a plastic bag on my doorstep. The bag had pieces of cardboard that had once been a box about 2 gallons of WATER with comic cards action figures stickers etc FLOATING in it.

Then a board member here sent me some art..he valued at $2500 it never arrived at all but showed it was scanned and delivered.

When I moved to California I shipped my stuff to myself and got three out of 11 long boxes ..horrible percentage..then the PO wouldn't process my insurance claim unless I flew to Florida to file it where the packages were mailed..

A friend in FL sent me my remaining comics and stuff I had entrusted him to watch. They disappeared only to show up as delivered 180 days later I never got them at all.

I purchased a keyboard for my brother..when it arrived it had holes that looked like they had been DRILLED into the package they went through the cardboard box..through the box the keyboard came in.. and entirely through the $600 Roland keyboard..the post office claimed the damage had to have occured before shipping because the damage could not have come from shipment.

In my book shipping is a crapshoot..

just cross your fingers and pray the shipping Gods smile upon you..

I must have pizzed them off lol

I work at UPS and i can agree, i see workers all day throwing packages around. I try to treat all the packages as i would want my packages treated. Fragile sticker = damaged

I dunno. I swear by UPS. Not only do I write "fragile" on any package that needs it. I make sure I right it on every single side and the top. Just sent something last week that way. Got there quickly and undamaged. I haven't shipped through the USPS in forever. I intend to keep it that way. They suck to the high heavens.

I work at UPS and i can agree, i see workers all day throwing packages around. I try to treat all the packages as i would want my packages treated. Fragile sticker = damaged

I dunno. I swear by UPS. Not only do I write "fragile" on any package that needs it. I make sure I right it on every single side and the top. Just sent something last week that way. Got there quickly and undamaged. I haven't shipped through the USPS in forever. I intend to keep it that way. They suck to the high heavens.

I've had my monthly shipment from my subscription service delivered UPS monthly for about the past 6-7 years or longer. I'm always surprised that for big heavy boxes, they always arrive in fairly pristine condition, and never any damage to the contents. However, I do have to give credit to Keith's Comics in Dallas - they package very well.

And also on the other side of things, I've sent thousands of packages, all stamped fragile. One package had minimal damage to the contents. Another was somehow separated from the box (shipped media, this happened at the LA bulk mail center) but the customer got an apologetic form letter and got the books and said they were fine. So I've never really had a problem.

What surprises me with all this discussion there are still boardies shipping HG books in priority envelopes. And they'll always tell you they've been shipping that way forever, with never a complaint...., until they ship a book to me, and it's folded in half.

I recieve priority envelopes all the time and the only time they are folded in half is when the words "Do not Bend" are written on them.

I recieve priority envelopes all the time and the only time they are folded in half is when the words "Do not Bend" are written on them.

Do not bend means fold spindle and mutilate in postal lingo..

Happens ALL the time once I had a book crammed into a small door mail slot they had to fold it and mutilate it to achieve the goal but they did it.. meh

I once mailed an expensive book via Priority mail, fully insured with words written fragile on it. The postal worker put fragile on it and proceeded to drop/throw the package down on the ground next to him. When I confronted him about it he explained how people needed to package their items to take that kind of treatment. Luckily I had the book packaged well - the CGC case did not crack. Considering how hard it fell though, I was expecting the worst.

UPS delivers my new product testing work items..

I test new products from cosmetics to foods etc I was waiting on a product and I saw the UPS truck in the driveway..

I see the driver lean out the window and pitch the box (full assorted Mountain Dew prototypes) into my driveway..honk his horn and drive off.

When I complained to UPS they were like "Well was it damaged??"

I asserted it did not matter if the items were broken or not the fact was HE THREW a box labeled "Liquid Fragile" contains dry ice...from his truck window out into the driveway..seriously???

bad bad ..but you are screwed really because you have no choice..

I used to love DSL they were great with my packages sadly no longer delivering here in the US

I have all my packages delivered to me at my work after a theft incident of a USPS package at my apartment in L.A. Never had any problems at the work address with damaged, lost or stolen shipments. I wonder if they don't dare risk mishandling business packages out of spite or stupidity? :sumo:(shrug)

I mailed out 2 separate boxes to my son in Dallas this past Monday.

UPS got the big heavy one, a large box containing a quilt, 5 pairs of shoes,

bulk toiletries, a laptop, and some school books. UPS ground still hasn't

shown at his residence.

Box 2 was his mom's idea. A care package with some local favorites

not available in Dallas. He got that yesterday. USPS Priority Mail Flat

Rate box that I paid $12 took 3 days. Needless to say, the frozen

chopped BBQ sandwiches weren't pimmppy fresh.

I could have hired a local crackho to work her way up I-45 and gotten

the packages there more securely. But hey, it's all of 215 miles.

My friend Jerro once sent me a box of assorted goodies I waited and waited..weeks later I see a plastic bag on my doorstep. The bag had pieces of cardboard that had once been a box about 2 gallons of WATER with comic cards action figures stickers etc FLOATING in it.

Then a board member here sent me some art..he valued at $2500 it never arrived at all but showed it was scanned and delivered.

When I moved to California I shipped my stuff to myself and got three out of 11 long boxes ..horrible percentage..then the PO wouldn't process my insurance claim unless I flew to Florida to file it where the packages were mailed..

A friend in FL sent me my remaining comics and stuff I had entrusted him to watch. They disappeared only to show up as delivered 180 days later I never got them at all.

I purchased a keyboard for my brother..when it arrived it had holes that looked like they had been DRILLED into the package they went through the cardboard box..through the box the keyboard came in.. and entirely through the $600 Roland keyboard..the post office claimed the damage had to have occured before shipping because the damage could not have come from shipment.

In my book shipping is a crapshoot..

just cross your fingers and pray the shipping Gods smile upon you..

I must have pizzed them off lol

Ouch!!!! :eek: