• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help from any of you Duck boys.....

5 posts in this topic

I have a really good collection of Duck books from Dell, Whitman, Gladstone etc etc but I also have started to pick up some OZ issues. Here is one (if it is truly NM then this is a bargain) that I just won and I was wondering if it is a US cover or OZ only.

For those who care.....the reason why there are so many OZ GA only issues is that US comic producers were banned from distributing comics in Australia in the 40's and 50's. To counter that, OZ distributors bought the black line production art and put them out under their own labels. That is why OZ books are produced on inferior paper (no glossy stock), sometimes have locally produced covers and generally contain only black and white art inside.

DD OZ 1949

First off....thank's Arty for the link, this will be of enormous value to me. Secondly, I now hate you.....having seen all of the covers I now have to have them. After much thought over the weekend I am seriously considering selling my Marvels in order to fund a run of these. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif