• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Jose Comic Fest May 21-22

23 posts in this topic

Less than 2 weeks to go for this Comic Fest! I gotta start pulling books, look at this guest list:

Sergio Aragones

Gilbert Armendariz

J.D. Arnold

Eric Basaldua

Corey Bass

Mark Beachum

Ryan Benjamin

Brandon Bracomonte

Daniel Brereton

Danny Bulanadi

Talent Caldwell

Ernie Chan

Travis Charest

Frank Cho

Ben Costa

Mark Dos Santos

Steve Englehart

Greg Espinoza

Blas Gallego

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

Michael Golden

Mick Gray

John Heebink

Francisco Herrera

Tom Hodges

Adam Hughes

Viktor Kalvachev

Rich Koslowski

John Livesay

Aaron Lopresti

Mike Lynch

Danny Miki

Dennis Mallonee

Steve Mannion

Chris Marrinan

Ted McKeever

Josh Middleton

Terry Moore

Travis Moore

Bill Morrison

Alex Nino

Steve Oliff

Jason Palmer

Brandon Peterson

Tom Ramirez

Humberto Ramos

Jimmie Robinson

Tone Rodriguez

Don Rosa

Sanjulian

Stuart Sayger

Mark Schultz

Scott Shaw!

Allison Sohn

Jim Silke

Ryan Sook

Cat Staggs

Mark Texeira

Mark Thomas

Tim Vigil

Matt Wagner

Nate Watson

David A. Williams

Walden Wong

Dean Yeagle

Thomas Yeates

Charles Yoakum

------The UNDERGROUND ALLY!------

Mark Badger

Richard Becker

Mark Bode

Dan Fogel

Mario Hernandez

Judy Hurley

Dan O'Neill

Ted Richards

Spain Rodriguez

Shelby Sampson

John Thompson

Larry Todd

S. Clay Wilson

SO excited to meet Michael Golden, the sole reason I ever got into comics and the biggest influence to get me all the way to a BA in Fine Arts. Gonna pick up two full inked drawings from him too. Looks to be a great Fest, I'm going Sunday! I'll be the one with all the tattoos with a pretty girl that's actually interested in comic books lol, come on up and say 'hi'

This show is amazing. I can't believe that it is as under the radar as it appears. There are people that haven't been available for SS for years and a couple that have not been available at all in the 5 years I have been involved. :cloud9:

BRETT's COMIC PILE debuts SAN DIEGO inventory at SAN JOSE instead!

Hi, all!

I am setting up in San Diego for the first time EVER, but getting ready for it, I have decided to debut my West Coast inventory for the first time at the BIG WOW SAN JOSE COMIC FEST instead of San Francisco.

I will have three inventories...

1) 10,000+ 1970's Marvel Bronze Age comics, IN ORDER for only $5...for TWO!

That's right...unpicked Bronze inventory 2/$5, MARVEL IN ORDER, with 10,000+ items to choose from!

2) Six Long Boxes of ULTRA-HIGH GRADE bronze. These were culled from a warehouse inventory. We submitted 50 units to CGC from this inventory, pre-screened for 9.6, and received 33 back, between 9.6 and 9.8 ALL with white pages!

These books are raw, and due to freight cost, I have ONLY 2 copies MAX per issue.

3) Finally, we will have a VERY small number of VA Comicon variants available for our West Coast customers. This includes the NEVER DISTRIBUTED Grimm Fairy Tales #53. We had 500 units printed for our show in November. We are the ONLY source for these books. With a "wardrobe malfunction" Snow White cover by EBAS, a guest at the BIG WOW!

Other variants include the "Sexy Santa" Witchblade #132, the NUDE variant of Moonstone's Bedtime stories #1, the JG Jones DC COMICON witchblade #136 Variant, and the interlocking Billy Tucci Witchblade and Darkness Artifacts #3 "Universal Monsters" Variant with blank sketch back covers!

So...that's about it...

See you guys there!

Brett

owner: Brett's Comic Pile

http://www.brettscomicpile.com

promoter: http://www.vacomicon.com

This show is amazing. I can't believe that it is as under the radar as it appears. There are people that haven't been available for SS for years and a couple that have not been available at all in the 5 years I have been involved. :cloud9:

It is a really cool show. Part of the "under the radar" was the fact they took 2010 off so they could be in the main convention hall this year. I've had fun and met great creators every year I go to this show, and I'm still pulling books to take with me next weekend... Now it seems I have to put aside more money so I can go shop at Brett's booth. :)

Who in particular from this list hasn't been available for 5 years?

I encourage anyone in the area to attend. Steve & Steve put on a great show, and there may even be some surprise guests not yet announced! :)

Just got back from the show late last night. Lighter attendance than expected. Unfortunately, bad weather and family plans prevented a number of listed guests from making the show. It was a good show for picking up sketches and doing some shopping. I know I picked up a lot of cool pieces at both art auctions, and someone won an awesome Frank Cho She-Hulk vs Rhino 14x20 sketch. It was great seeing Joe, Bree, and Vince from CGC. Overall, a really pleasant weekend.

VERY light attendance which is good for me but not for dealers, artists...found some great pre-code horror books and met my lifetime comic idol, Michael Golden. Picked up two full body inked sketches from him...super nice guy, answered all my many years of questioning and couldn't have been more polite. He also SS'd about 30 of my books haha! If you were passing by you'd never know it was going on, even inside the convention center the volleyball thing was the most dominant...

Here's me, the family and Michael Golden

golden.jpg