• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson's Batman #2 CGC 3.0 brings a whopping $3600 on eBay

14 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220773723660&si=r%252FS3HBsMvfMKjpwUso5fCsJZc7E%253D

Was it a boardie? hm

Batman #2 CGC 3.0 with Light Tan to Off-White pages from Jerry Robinson's personal collection and signed by Jerry Robinson brings $3600 on eBay. :o

A very strong price at $3600,

for example when you consider the Davis Crippen CGC 5.0 Batman #2 sold for only $3315 back in Jan 2011 and a CGC 3.5 Batman #2 just sold for only $2,271 on heritage earlier this month!

Jerry's seem to be keeping up strong prices. I can't remember the price or grade off the top of my head but a Batman #11 Jerry sold last year on eBay for a pretty aggressive price as I remember as well. hm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220773723660&si=r%252FS3HBsMvfMKjpwUso5fCsJZc7E%253D

Was it a boardie? hm

Batman #2 CGC 3.0 with Light Tan to Off-White pages from Jerry Robinson's personal collection and signed by Jerry Robinson brings $3600 on eBay. :o

for example when you consider the Davis Crippen CGC 5.0 Batman #2 sold for only $3315 back in Jan 2011 and a CGC 3.5 Batman #2 just sold for only $2,271 on heritage earlier this month!

Jerry's seem to be keeping up strong prices. I can't remember the price or grade off the top of my head but a Batman #11 Jerry sold last year on eBay for a pretty aggressive price as I remember as well. hm

Maybe the buyer felt that Jerry Robinson's involvement with Batman #2 was more important than Davis Crippen's. But then maybe Davis got squeezed out of the credits

Was it a boardie? hm

Maybe the buyer felt that Jerry Robinson's involvement with Batman #2 was more important than Davis Crippen's. But then maybe Davis got squeezed out of the credits

lol

I'd pay more for a yellow label Sig Series Jerry Robinson Batman # 2 (2nd appearance of the Joker signed by his creator).

And that was a fugly 3.5 Batman 2 that sold on Heritage--I thought it was an over-graded 3.0, so I think it kept the price artificially low for the grade.

I'd pay more for a yellow label Sig Series Jerry Robinson Batman # 2 (2nd appearance of the Joker signed by his creator).

And that was a fugly 3.5 Batman 2 that sold on Heritage--I thought it was an over-graded 3.0, so I think it kept the price artificially low for the grade.

I fully agree. :headbang:

Good info on the 3.5, I was unaware what it looked like, just going by GPA.

Is that high? I don`t think it`s possible to overpay for any GA book, let alone a Batman GA book.

Batman, dude, Batman!!!!

lol

Certainly feels like that's the view by some these days. :eek:

I appreciate the fact that he signed on the first page. I really prefer that to cover signatures on most books, but to each his own.

I do too. In fact, I have two Batman comics (5 and 11) signed by Jerry on the first page

I like the Jerry copies too...even though the majority of the pq on the books was "soft", they are cool pieces of history...I have the Batman 1 and did pass on all the tecs and batmans (hindsight is 20/20 lol ) but glad they are finding their way into collector hands!

I like the Jerry copies too...even though the majority of the pq on the books was "soft", they are cool pieces of history...I have the Batman 1 and did pass on all the tecs and batmans (hindsight is 20/20 lol ) but glad they are finding their way into collector hands!

The pages are nice on the two copies I have, very nice in fact. But the books aren't in good shape :(