• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan health update

36 posts in this topic

Yesterday's update from Cliff Meth

http://thecliffordmethod.blogspot.com/2011/05/gene-colan-hope-springs.html

Had an emotional visit with Gene tonight at his hospice. He'd been out for his fresh air already today so he was exhausted and remained in bed for the few hours that I stayed. We spoke of many things, life and death, death and life, career, family, friends, G-d...

"If I could change anything, I'd have put my whole soul into saving Adrienne. I would have moved mountains to save her. That's the only thing I would do different... The best moment of my life was meeting Adrienne in Tanament, Pennsylvania. She was so beautiful--I couldn't believe it. That was my best moment. She was a knockout...

"My career? The process of improvement is slow, but I knew that I had something to offer. And Stan [Lee] knew it, too. He gave me a great opportunity. He's a first-class businessman. And he saw things in me that I didn't see. He would never come out and tell you that but he showed it in a lot of different ways...

"I'm not beyond fear. I'm fearful about death. Everything that you ever wanted to do just goes up in smoke. The idea of being put in the ground or put under the ground is frightening. Most people don't want to talk about it... But I've decided to change my way of thinking. What they're telling me is not acceptable to me. I've got a tumor and it's cancer. And that's it. But I'm thinking that whatever you are thinking can come true. If it's not a selfish thought. I lean heavily on G-d now. I wasn't always like this. There isn't anything I have to be afraid of. Love is the answer. And the way to get there is by trying to find good in someone you don't necessarily like. Prayer can't be selfish. You don't pray for a yacht or money--you work hard if you want those things. But if you pray for unselfish things... And if you're looking for an answer, just ask. You'll get the answer if the question is worthy of an answer."

Pretty sure it's a Jewish custom to not spell out the Name because of its sacredness.

And as fate would have it, some folks say "g.d." to refer to the commonplace two-word profanity that involves the Name so that they don't literally say the profanity.

Pretty sure it's a Jewish custom to not spell out the Name because of its sacredness.

And as fate would have it, some folks say "g.d." to refer to the commonplace two-word profanity that involves the Name so that they don't literally say the profanity.

Well I'll be. That I didn't know.

The latest is sad but not unforeseen.

1) Gene is no longer drawing. Unfinished work will be offered to those who paid in advance at a discount--you can also opt for a full refund.

2) Gene is no longer signing items. He is too weak and tired at this time. It's regretable because this was a good source of income with CGC signings keeping Gene in high demand.

Here's the link to the full page.

I feel very fortunate to have a piece of his original art and that I was able to get it signed by him a few years ago. I hope the time he has left with his family and friends is as comfortable as possible.

I feel very fortunate to have a piece of his original art and that I was able to get it signed by him a few years ago. I hope the time he has left with his family and friends is as comfortable as possible.

+1