• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A forum transaction gone good/bad/good.

72 posts in this topic

I am so sad reading this thread. So that itsy-bitsy corner missing now makes the book worthless. doh!

Probably still a 9.4.

Fantastic Four your sigline is impressive.

For whatever reason (probably due to the cutting/trimming process), I've seen many, many BA books with tiny tears (sometimes chips) in the bottom right corner of the cover and/or pages. In many cases, it actually appears that there is "extra" paper in that corner, but there's a tear that's maybe 90% the way through the little triangular piece and it's only hanging on by a few fibers. Who knows if that's what's going on here, but if so, that corner could easily have been wedged into the corner of the inner well in transit, and as the book shifted back "into place" (centered within the well), the piece tore off. (shrug)

For whatever reason (probably due to the cutting/trimming process), I've seen many, many BA books with tiny tears (sometimes chips) in the bottom right corner of the cover and/or pages. In many cases, it actually appears that there is "extra" paper in that corner, but there's a tear that's maybe 90% the way through the little triangular piece and it's only hanging on by a few fibers. Who knows if that's what's going on here, but if so, that corner could easily have been wedged into the corner of the inner well in transit, and as the book shifted back "into place" (centered within the well), the piece tore off. (shrug)

+1 although I had not noticed that it was usually the bottom right

I am so sad reading this thread. So that itsy-bitsy corner missing now makes the book worthless. doh!

Probably still a 9.4.

Perhaps the owner should crack it out, list it for sale as a 9.4, disclose that CGC graded it as a 9.8, and voice his disagreement with their grade. I've learned recently that that is the right thing to do.

Probably still a 9.4.

Perhaps the owner should crack it out, list it for sale as a 9.4, disclose that CGC graded it as a 9.8, and voice his disagreement with their grade. I've learned recently that that is the right thing to do.

You are a quick study.

I believe that drbanner is most likely correct, in that the book shifted inside the inner well and lodged the corner in the well corner and then when it shifted in the opposite direction, the corner piece ripped off.

That makes sense.

Now I can sleep at night. (hmmm...that's funny, I never could before) :)

Where I play B-Ball at, the saying is, "no blood, no foul".

I am so sad reading this thread. So that itsy-bitsy corner missing now makes the book worthless. doh! Maybe it should be donated to Nik if is so undesirable.

Anyway, that was really stand up of the seller to refund the book completely.

I don't think it makes the book worthless, but it might not be worth it to ship it back to Canada now.

I believe that drbanner is most likely correct, in that the book shifted inside the inner well and lodged the corner in the well corner and then when it shifted in the opposite direction, the corner piece ripped off.

:acclaim:

Seen it (or something similar) too many times, unfortunately. :(