• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Busting Out All Over Boston Comic Con Report

45 posts in this topic

Ahhh. That's better.

We have overcast skies north of town, but are expecting a lovely spring day with temps in the 60s. Everything's blooming

Forsythia.jpg

and the tulips are popping

tulip.jpg

but mulching will have to wait. I need to hop in the car to beat the dealers and buy all the good stuff before the doors are open. :insane:

More to follow...

I need to hop in the car to beat the dealers and buy all the good stuff before the doors are open. :insane:

Good luck with that. lol

Are you instigating a vicious rumour that Pontoon's car won't even make it to the con ? :o

If so, carry on ! (thumbs u

I need to hop in the car to beat the dealers and buy all the good stuff before the doors are open. :insane:

Good luck with that. lol

Are you instigating a vicious rumour that Pontoon's car won't even make it to the con ? :o

If so, carry on ! (thumbs u

I am indeed, my cheeky Flemish friend. :acclaim:

I was at the show today and was inspired to take just 4 photos 2c

Kubert

Picture005-1.jpg

A cool 1 of a kind Hulk staue

Picture007.jpg

A sad Ted Van Liew parting with a nice copy of HOS #92 ala trade. I won in this deal for sure, thanks Ted.

Picture006-1.jpg

The best costume of the show hands down. Picture008-1.jpg

Jinkies.

Methinks mine show reports grow lamer as the years grow longer.

It's about 9:00. I still haven't eaten. At the risk of sounding maudlin, I skipped out on dinner after the show to spend some time with this guy:

MigueMagnets.jpg

Mega-Mega Magnets can be as much fun as an action figure!

I was bumming about missing out on spending time with folks over beer and food, but seeing that face took precendence.

Anyways, I won't have time to scan any books or lay out my rundown on the day until tomorrow. The missus just ran out to pick up chow, so I'll pick up the thread tomorrow.

I'll have some pictures on my blog later tonight, but I just want to point out that Bechara had the cover to FF #72 on display. I haven't been as impressed at a show by a piece on display in a long time. It was a real treat to see. If you didn't check it out and you're planning on being at the show tomorrow, put it at the top of your list.