• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of Marvel Magazines

14 posts in this topic

Going through Overstreet I came up with these as the only Marvel Magazines that list for over $100 (excluding the three issues with a special print run of 25) but I might have overlooked a couple books. Figure anything over $100 could be counted as a key:

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 28 (Bruce Lee)

Dracula Lives 1

Marvel Preview 2 (1st Origin Punisher)

Marvel Super Action 1 (Punisher)

Marvel Super Special 1 (Kiss)

Marvel Super Special 5 (Kiss)

Savage Sword of Conan 1

Savage Tales 1 (Conan & Man Thing)

Spectacular Spider-man 1

Spectacular Spider-man 2

Does anyone know of (or have) a list of all the Magazines Marvel has published over the years?

I was trying to put one together and also identify all the key issues.

I would really like to see a list if you get one! What are the print runs of 25 issues??? I was trying to put together sets of all of the Marvel Mags. I saw a random The Whos Tommy mag. from Curtis.....was wondering if that should be included in the Marvel sets.

What are the print runs of 25 issues???

Marvel Super Special 11-13 (Weirdworld). Each had a 25 copy special press run with a gold seal & signed by the artists. Overstreet calls them "Proof quality".

Going through Overstreet I came up with these as the only Marvel Magazines that list for over $100 (excluding the three issues with a special print run of 25) but I might have overlooked a couple books. Figure anything over $100 could be counted as a key:

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 28 (Bruce Lee)

Dracula Lives 1

Marvel Preview 2 (1st Origin Punisher)

Marvel Super Action 1 (Punisher)

Marvel Super Special 1 (Kiss)

Marvel Super Special 5 (Kiss)

Savage Sword of Conan 1

Savage Tales 1 (Conan & Man Thing)

Spectacular Spider-man 1

Spectacular Spider-man 2

Do you have any info on Marvel Super Special #7? That might be the most expensive mag. (And Its not on your list.) Pretty rare from what I understand... I have never seen one for sale. It was only released overseas.

In a controversial move, Marvel Super Special #7, which featured an adaptation of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, was withdrawn by Marvel at the last minute, due to undisclosed reasons and all copies (if any were even printed) were destroyed prior to distribution. There were reportedly a few copies printed in foreign language territories such as France, the Netherlands and Germany, however no English language copies are known to exist, and even George Perez (who illustrated the comic) has stated that he has never seen a copy himself, and considers it to be "the rarest piece of George Perez printed artwork you can find". The next published issue (Battlestar Galactica) skipped ahead in the numbering to #8, despite #7 being cancelled and never published in the U.S.

In a controversial move, Marvel Super Special #7, which featured an adaptation of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, was withdrawn by Marvel at the last minute, due to undisclosed reasons and all copies (if any were even printed) were destroyed prior to distribution.

We're talking about the critically panned movie, right? My guess is the comic was pulled due to the movie being considered such a turkey. Perhaps they figured the sales would be terrible as a result. My other guess is that it somehow conflicted with copyright laws that were more strict in the U.S. than in the U.K. All conjecture of course. I sure would love to see that comic!

In a controversial move, Marvel Super Special #7, which featured an adaptation of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, was withdrawn by Marvel at the last minute, due to undisclosed reasons and all copies (if any were even printed) were destroyed prior to distribution.

We're talking about the critically panned movie, right? My guess is the comic was pulled due to the movie being considered such a turkey. Perhaps they figured the sales would be terrible as a result. My other guess is that it somehow conflicted with copyright laws that were more strict in the U.S. than in the U.K. All conjecture of course. I sure would love to see that comic!

I saw a picture of it once. Wish i would have saved it. Cover was in french i think.

I saw a picture of it once. Wish i would have saved it. Cover was in french i think.

I discovered a few years ago a french website about comics or the Beatles that had the whole Sgt.Pepper Marvel Super Special on their site page by page. Sorry I don`t have the link anymore,but I remember all those pages were in french.

:gossip: It's in a thread that you started.

Question about Marvel Super Special #7

:gossip: It's in a thread that you started.

Question about Marvel Super Special #7

Thanks! You get old and your mind in the first thing to go! lol And that was the one place I saw the cover!