• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Back from CGC Adventure 35, More Fun 44, Wonderworld 9 Mystery Men 8

6 posts in this topic

Up for sale are some really tough early golden age books. All these books just came back from CGC last week and are fresh to the market.

All prices include shipping in the US. If your outside the US please contact me for shipping.

No list members and the first :takeit: gets it.

I will consider trades on Detectives 27-60 or so and golden age Caps.

Thanks

James G

Mystery Men Comics #8 CGC 1.8 OW $500

I had this piece graded a bit higher as it presents much nicer, however the techinal problems brought it down. CGC had missed the coupon and I had to inform them of it so it had been a 2.0 before they fixed it. Here is a shot of the slab and the raw pictures. I will keep the price the same for the boards and my pre grade noes are below.

Qualified G/VG Fine Bondage Cover

Only 5 graded

Cover Detached, spine split just beyond top staple, First wrap loose at bottom staple with tape stains, small coupon out last page, OW-W pages, tanning interior covers

mysterymen8cgc.jpg

mysterymen8.jpg

mysterymen8bk.jpg

Wonder World Comics #9 CGC 2.5 SA OW $400

Similiar deal on this although I missed the glue but apprently undergraded it ;-)

Lou Fine Cover Good-

7 graded 3 of which are restored.

Full spine split taped inside and out. Cover reattached with tape. Small piece of tape on CF staple. Tanning interior covers C-OW pages

wonderworld9.jpg

wonderwoldcomics9.jpg

wonderwoldcomics9bk.jpg

Adventure Comics 35 CGC 1.5 OW-W $400

Here is a perfect problem with a restored label as this book had Siame pages that were seperated poorly, as such they were "trimmed" and the book has a purple label sigma. Really stupid.

Only the 4th book under the new title with a total of only 6 copies graded.

Anyway nice solid book with a full spine split, bright colors and super nice pages. Inside covers are tanning but NO brittleness at all

adventure35.jpg

adventure35ft.jpg

adventure35interior.jpg

adventure35back.jpg

More Fun #44 CGC 2.0 C-OW $500

I thought this was nicer, has some spine splits but that is just about it. Really solid pre hero book and one of only 6 total graded examples.

morefun44ft.jpg

morefun.jpg

morefun44bk.jpg