• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 2 trailer

40 posts in this topic

I know that I'm going to get flamed for this.. but didn't they reveal the whole story in the trailer??? I admit, Doc Oc looks awesome , but I felt like I just read the Cliff Notes for the movie and I HATE when trailers do that. There was a lot of movies that I didn't go see because I feel the whole story is given away in the trailer.

I feel exactly the same way... I just couldn't help myself.. 893frustrated.gif

I think it started for me about the time they showed the 747 exploding in the preview for Die Hard 2, and at the end of the movie , I found myself saying, " Oh,...I guess THIS is where the plane explodes."

I'm not going to watch it again until the movie comes out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nah, Peter, not flamed... I agree in some ways, but it seems nowadays to get people interested in paying the exorbitant prices to attend a movie with snacks, usually in a group, they've got to show more to draw more. It's being done with all movies lately where the trailer basically has everything revealed, save a few choice moments in between.

I would like to see this in the theatres, much like I did all the past comic movies talked about on here, but for the most part, due to obligations and priorities, movie going falls way below the rest and I can justify waiting and renting on DVD or buying the DVD at a price club/online for half price if I want to see it... for instance, I just saw Matrix Revolutions on DVD last night. I had planned to go see it in the theatres but by the time I had time, it was no longer running. The trailer was enough to keep me holding on to remember that I would see it when it came out on DVD...

wow, youre right. It seemed endless and practically was a storyboard for the whole story! Is Sony actually worried about awareness or deman d to see the sequel that they felt compelled to put so much in this newest trailer???

I like the last one, with Peter and MaryJane in the coffee shop a lot. Mostly because the first half was an actual scene from the film...not a splicecut of explosions and effects. It was very effective in grabbing your attention to the dialogue and story..

oh well. Looks great anyway. I really liked the shot of the Spidey costume in the garbage can in the alley!!

Really liked the trailer - but have the same prob I had wioth Spidey 1 - the Rush-Romance between MJ and Petey. I mean, now in the trailer we have MJ saying to Petey "Do you love me?" - come ON - DOC OCK first appears and MJ is looking for Petey Love?

Or am I mis-remembering my ASM readings which I haven't read in a couple of decades???? Please let me know if I am. tonofbricks.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or am I mis-remembering my ASM readings which I haven't read in a couple of decades???? Please let me know if I am. tonofbricks.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're not, but if he would've thought of it earlier, I'm sure that Stan would've had Mary Jane as a character right from the beginning like the movie and Ultimate Spider-Man did. In fact, I seem to recall him making that exact observation in an interview somewhere--maybe in that "Mutants, Monsters, and Marvels" DVD he did with Kevin Smith? confused-smiley-013.gif Re-telling the story in a new format leaves room to improve upon the way the stories went the first time around.

This trailer looks ABSOLUTELY KICK-ARSE!!!!![/b] I'm PUMPED! I've always had a love/hate relationship with Doc/Ock as a character. On the one hand, he seems like such a stupid concept...the plausibility of his arms magically forming a interface with his nervous system after being operated by hand inserts prior to his accident, coupled with the overwhelming improbability that those arms would be 1/1000th as strong or dexterious as they were shown to be during battles with Spidey since they were designed to pick up small, light radioactive rods, always made me find him somewhat ludicrous as a character. On the other hand, if I ignore all that, he's a pretty cool character--probably my second-favorite Spidey villain behind Venom. It looks like they cleaned up some of the problems with Doc Ock from the comic by creating a neural interface with the arms right from the beginning, or at least that's how it looks with that metal thing that seems to run down his spine and "lock in" to his back, which infers that it might hook in with his spinal cord. And the CGI on Ock in that trailer is TO DIE FOR!!! cloud9.gif Unless the trailer is hitting EVERY highlight the film has to offer, it looks a lot like Sam Raimi's level of enthusiasm, attention to detail, and adoration for the material is even greater this time around than with the first film. He's come a long way since the Evil Dead films! thumbsup2.gif I'm also REALLY liking Alfred Molina as Ock...other than the fact that he's not quite as ugly in the face as Ditko and Romita drew him, he looks like a dead-ringer in body and form to the character from the comics. Harry Osborn's buildup to becoming the next Green Goblin looks to be developing nicely as well.

Time to switch back to finishing/upgrading my Spideys again! cloud9.gifcloud9.gif I also loved the direct visual allusion to the cover of Spidey #50, complete with Tobey Maguire uttering the exact wording from that cover "Spider-Man No More":

Spidey50.jpg

He think it's overgraded as do I.

sign-offtopic.gif I believe he said WTF for at least two reasons, neither of which had to do with whether it's overgraded or not (I can't tell whether it's a 9.0 or 9.2 myself, but am willing to debate it in the grading forum if anyone is interested; here's a link to an OGG book with almost the exact same defects). The scan was posted as a reminder of the cover, not to debate grade...I shoulda linked to one without a CGC label I guess. foreheadslap.gif

sign-offtopic.gif I believe he said WTF for at least two reasons, neither of which had to do with whether it's overgraded or not (I can't tell whether it's a 9.0 or 9.2 myself, but am willing to debate it in the grading forum if anyone is interested; here's a link to an OGG book with almost the exact same defects). The scan was posted as a reminder of the cover, not to debate grade...I shoulda linked to one without a CGC label I guess. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-offtopic.gifsign-offtopic.gifsign-offtopic.gif <---Exactly wink.gif

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif That Rocked!!! thumbsup2.gif

Predictions (Wednesday foreheadslap.gif opener) $150 to 200 million take by end of Sunday!!!!!! Still should beat Spiderman #1 and take biggest opening weekend ever and break fastest to $100 Million, $200 million etc also set by Spider-Man #1.

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif That Rocked!!! thumbsup2.gif

Predictions (Wednesday foreheadslap.gif opener) $150 to 200 million take by end of Sunday!!!!!! Still should beat Spiderman #1 and take biggest opening weekend ever and break fastest to $100 Million, $200 million etc also set by Spider-Man #1.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll just take Weds, Thurs & Friday off from work & see it 5 days in a row - just to help it nudge up to that $200M mark! Man does this movie look sweet. And, DANG, Spidey #50 is gonna be hotter than ever!!! 893frustrated.gif