• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #28

17 posts in this topic

My ASM #28. *sigh* Such a decent looking book aside from the obvious. Still very glossy. Sometimes it just hurts to look at. Staples are rust free, pages OW and cover centered rather nicely.

Still. ASM #28s are hard to grade without sub creases to begin with. Here is a book in which even the slightest wear is so very, very magnified by it's black cover.Color breaking spine stress looks stands out enormously.

No matter what anyone says it's really hard to try and grade the wear in regards to the book itself and not with how badly the black cover makes it look....

Enough babble. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

asm28.jpg

asm28a.jpg

I agree, the grading of this kind of book is a balance between the condition and the appearance. I wish the grade would ignore the affect of a color contrast, but it doesn't. I've got a raw #28 that would be a 9.2 easily if it wasn't a black cover.

So I'll guess 3.5, and hope for 4.0.

Thanks everyone. I too have tried to grade it with my color blinders on and it is not that bad.

I think the first part is to establish what an otherwise NM book with a subscription crease grades at. Any opinions or thoughts?

Thanks everyone. I too have tried to grade it with my color blinders on and it is not that bad.

I think the first part is to establish what an otherwise NM book with a subscription crease grades at. Any opinions or thoughts?

7.0 is the highest a book can grade with sub crease, but this one is not all the way down tho.

4.0-4.5 is the highest a book can grade with sub crease, but this one is not all the way down tho.

(thumbs u

It's a 3.5, BTW.

Granted there are the obvious color breaks to the cover, but when holding a comic and it feels firm to the staples, I would give it a 4.0. There does not appear to be any type of staining or large tears to knock it below a 4.0.