• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants #98 - Sell now or after?

52 posts in this topic

Wow that is a nice pick up. Whenever I got to my local Half Price Books I see tons of New Mutant stuff for 50 cents and a buck and think I might see a 98 at that price. I did get an 87 in a $1 comic bundle from them once, but they had put a price sticker directly on the issue =[

Wow that is a nice pick up. Whenever I got to my local Half Price Books I see tons of New Mutant stuff for 50 cents and a buck and think I might see a 98 at that price. I did get an 87 in a $1 comic bundle from them once, but they had put a price sticker directly on the issue =[

Yeah, they tend to do that. If you are really careful, you can remove it.

Well i am lucky enough that the guy who runs the shop mostly deals in Magic cards and RPGs. For the most part i think he just looks up the hot moderns and prices them. Everything else he just puts them in the dollar boxes or you can pick up 10 for 5 bucks which is what i always do.

Yeah, they tend to do that. If you are really careful, you can remove it.

Do you have a good trick for removing them without leaving stickies behind? I tried removing one carefully once with an issue of Magog and it just left alot of sticky mess (not the biggest loss based on the series, but still).

Well i am lucky enough that the guy who runs the shop mostly deals in Magic cards and RPGs. For the most part i think he just looks up the hot moderns and prices them. Everything else he just puts them in the dollar boxes or you can pick up 10 for 5 bucks which is what i always do.

Yeah I used to have a couple sports cards focused stores near me that just had boxes of comics around selling them for like 50 cents. They didn't seem to know or care much about them. Never found any real big books though, filled a few holes in randoms 80's series I was collecting mostly.

BAM about two months ago i pulled this out of the 50 cent bin at a new local comic store.

2mrcxok.jpg

Today going through the same boxes i find this one

2u55i5u.jpg

And that's why those type of 'comic' book stores go out of business. They complain that no one buys back issues, but then again, they have no clue about back issues. Tough to sell what you don't know. doh!

Good score for you - huge loss for them...

If you plan to sell a NM 98 you may experience shill bids from

kummerlen692011

amsbal2011

jhuggy

jaredskeycomics

nicksmith042004

burban19792012

Feel free to add to the list. :)

It might be a good time to buy. Kinda reminds me of Transformers #1, as it goes down then spikes right before the movie, as a few times last summer Transformers #1 CGC 9.8`s could be had for under a $100 and now I see some hitting $180 and higher again.

in conclusion buy now and flip before the movie.

Someone gave good advice.

:luhv:

About time Deadpool really started to get his due :golfclap:

I've been waiting to see Reynolds proper Deadpool movie for what seems forever ... Just bought Blade Trinity which I consider to be Reynolds audition tape for his Wade Wilson role :roflmao:

You watch that scene and put him in a deadpool outfit and you have a scene from his stand alone movie! Yah Baby

"The fat lady should be singing... RIGHT ABOUT NOW!... (pause)... Heh, This is awkward. Do you have a cell phone..."

And that is why Reynolds IS Wilson (better do it before he gets too old already)