• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Comic Book Stores in CT

15 posts in this topic

I live in CT and I've been to 3 comic book stores in the State so far.

Buried Under Comics (manchester)

Heroes and Hitters (rocky hill)

The Eye Opener (newington)

I was wondering if there are any other good comic book stores in CT that must be visited. I enjoy going to stores mostly for their back issues, even 90's back issues or newer. I also enjoy it when they don't mark up these comics (the eye opener is great and sells older stuff mostly for cover price) too much. I'm always on the hunt for new comic book stores to check out.

Also, do any comic book stores in CT sell e gerber half backs or mylar sleeves? It'd be nice if I didn't have to make my orders online (shipping costs...ugh) but all the comic stores I've been to had only ultra pro or BCW products for bags/boards

Here's a link was helpful to finding comics stories in CT - http://businessfinder.stamfordadvocate.com/CT-Stamford?s=comic

I have been to:

Monkeyhead Comics LLC - It is easy to get to but hard to find the actual store. It is hidden away in the corner of a very small strip mall. They have wall books and back issues in the boxes are mainly moderns from what I remember.

Cave Comics Inc - Nice owner and the OA is worth the visit. I wish it was a little lower though so you could appreciate it better. I personally found very little I wanted there but they do have a ton of books.

Heroes Comics & Cards - The owner is really nice and prices books at the register. He doesn't know what he has on hand but if you ask he will let you go through some boxes hidden below.

Those three I have only gone to once and are terribly far for me. The one I frequent in CT is Timeless Journey. He has a nice assortment of BA through Modern that I like. Haven't been there in a couple of months though.

Well I've been to 3 stores. I'll give a brief rundown on them in order of perference

the eye opener- great store price-wise for me compared to the other 2. owner is great and can help you find issues you're looking for. Has 2 storage areas to draw from, not including comic book store itself.

heroes and hitters- owner is super nice, prices on regular back issues are typically marked up from cover price by 50 cents or a dollar more. They have some 50 cent bins.

buried under comics- owner seems very nice, only been here once and they have a TON of stuff which they try to cram into a fairly small area. Or maybe the area seems small because he has so much stuff. They have tons of trade paperpacks, current selection, and back issues. Only complaint I could give was that back issues are more pricey to buy here and are marked up quite a bit. Lots of interesting/rare issues though for sale.

i'll update this in a few days or so since i'm planning to visit the southington comic book store and maybe 1 or 2 others soon, to check them out.

if anyone else can give a review of any other comic book stores in ct, please do, i want to visit many of them in CT but I don't want to make a half hour drive for a terrible store if possible

Be real careful of The Eye Opener. The grading is really, really shoddy and you'll need to examine each book page by page as the owner often grades only by the cover and doesn't look on the inside all that often. Prices off OSPG when it works in his favor and then selective eBay prices on others. I've stopped going there. Not a BAD place... but you need to know how to grade well and have a feel for the market on a book (and not be afraid to just walk if they won't budge).

Buried Under is a solid, solid place whose only been getting better selection the more I see them. I went to school with one of the co-owners and they're great people--good pricing and flexible. Only wish the selection was stronger.

If you do a search in this forum, I (and others) have done a rundown in the past on CT stores if you're interested :)