• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting comics in the UK

84 posts in this topic

Recently registered as a user of this fine forum having rekindled my interest in all things superhero. I was thrilled to find that many of the regular contributors to this board were based in the UK and wanted to ask whether anyone could point me in the direction of a resource that details the dates of any forthcoming comic marts, conventions?! Thanks in advance.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!!

Best bet would be to buy a copy of Comics International, available from nearly all British comic shops. This mag lists every comic related event in the country, at least three months in advance. Plus there's a retail and mail order index, etc.

If there are no comic shops near you, email comicsinternational@yahoo.co.uk and ask for a sub.

I was thrilled to find that many of the regular contributors to this board were based in the UK

What I want to know is EXACTLY how many there are here on these boards from the UK.

7 1/2....

I was thrilled to find that many of the regular contributors to this board were based in the UK

What I want to know is EXACTLY how many there are here on these boards from the UK.

7 1/2....

Err, well there's me, gpcove (part time), comicmankev, Ian, fortysevenuk, ewanuk, flaming telepath, ultimatevenom, and maybe one or two others. But so far I have indeed named seven and a half.

Chromium, you may be spot on there.

I included you in my list, but not Borg. Sorry Borg. The Brit presence on these boards is bigger than I thought...

Well if anyone from the UK wants to see what I look like, I'm on telly on Sunday night on Channel 4 at ten o clock at night. It might be a wee bit controversial.

I included you in my list, but not Borg. Sorry Borg. The Brit presence on these boards is bigger than I thought...

Well if anyone from the UK wants to see what I look like, I'm on telly on Sunday night on Channel 4 at ten o clock at night. It might be a wee bit controversial.

Just checked the listings and it's a doc about Take That, a rather popular U.K. boy band in the 1990s whose records were produced by none other than Ian. The blurb reads that the doc will have relevations aplenty, especially about some bloke called Robbie somebody.

So what were they REALLY like, Ian? Dish the dirt!!!!!!

Just checked the listings and it's a doc about Take That, a rather popular U.K. boy band in the 1990s whose records were produced by none other than Ian. The blurb reads that the doc will have relevations aplenty, especially about some bloke called Robbie somebody.

So what were they REALLY like, Ian? Dish the dirt!!!!!!

Ian, can the singers in any of these manufactured bands really sing, or is it all studio tricks and post-production sweetening?