• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting comics in the UK

84 posts in this topic

8 1/2 BECOMES 9 1/2 hi.gif

I'm originally from the UK, now living in the US. Does that count?

It's up to you on this one. How long have you been living in the U.S.? And do you consider yourself to be a Brit living in the U.S., rather than a U.S. citizen?

It's up to you on this one. How long have you been living in the U.S.? And do you consider yourself to be a Brit living in the U.S., rather than a U.S. citizen?

7 years. Yes.

What's the criteria used for this anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

7 years. Yes.

Good question. Location? I think one Forumite (awe4one?) who's based in Germany still firmly thinks of himself as an American.

However, one of the main criteria I'd use in this case would be identity, and as you answered the second question with a yes, all I can say is......

YOU ARE A U.K. FORUMITE (WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT) !!!!!

So how goes it, me old china?

Good question. Location? I think one Forumite (awe4one?) who's based in Germany still firmly thinks of himself as an American.

I'm not a real good example. Even though I've spent 11 of the past 17 years in Europe (Germany and Holland), it's more a job requirement then if I was coming over here on my own. I will eventually go back to the US to live for good. Nothing against Europe, I love it here, but the US (Florida Gulf Coast) is where I'll call home after retiring from the military.....

A little of Europe will come with me though....if anything I'll still follow International Football. The World Cup and Euro competitions have become some of my favorite sporting events.....

Jim

I'm from Liverpool too so that makes 10 1/2

grin.gif

Impressive, that makes it 3 scousers on board when you count JMcD as well grin.gif

Clearly, the presence of all the Commonwealth members must account for something like 50% of board membership. 893whatthe.gif

Didn't you say you were originally from Wales. If that's the case, then we were practically neighbours at one time & that makes you one of us!!! thumbsup2.gif

I'm from Liverpool too so that makes 10 1/2

grin.gif

Impressive, that makes it 3 scousers on board when you count JMcD as well grin.gif

Clearly, the presence of all the Commonwealth members must account for something like 50% of board membership. 893whatthe.gif

I bet the word Scouser is going to confuse the hell out of members

grin.gif

7 years. Yes.

However, one of the main criteria I'd use in this case would be identity, and as you answered the second question with a yes, all I can say is......

YOU ARE A U.K. FORUMITE (WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT) !!!!!

So how goes it, me old china?

Very well thank you, me old mucker.

Impressive, that makes it 3 scousers on board when you count JMcD as well

acclaim.gif It's a small world grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Including me it makes 11 1/2 people from the U.K. smile.gif

You may be number 11, but assuming I'm the half, then I'll always be unique in the counting scheme.

I'll be back in May(be).

How did I miss this post confused-smiley-013.gif

Must have been the Easter weekend holiday!

Ian, how much did you get on the Take That show??? I turned it on at about 00:30 when I got in, only to realise I was watching a concert and the prog you were in was finished sorry.gif Oh well. Looking back at that though, it doesnt surprise me that they had such a gay following - DODGY OUTFITS!

GP, whats going on, are you still here but just a 'watcher'???? What gives confused-smiley-013.gif PM me if you don't want to go public (Beckham style).

As for the rest of you, I notice there are several UK 'lurkers' including the guy who posted this thread. It only take a couple of minutes to post or reply, come on guys, we can take over here thumbsup2.gif

How did I miss this post confused-smiley-013.gif

Must have been the Easter weekend holiday!

Ian, how much did you get on the Take That show??? I turned it on at about 00:30 when I got in, only to realise I was watching a concert and the prog you were in was finished sorry.gif Oh well. Looking back at that though, it doesnt surprise me that they had such a gay following - DODGY OUTFITS!

GP, whats going on, are you still here but just a 'watcher'???? What gives confused-smiley-013.gif PM me if you don't want to go public (Beckham style).

As for the rest of you, I notice there are several UK 'lurkers' including the guy who posted this thread. It only take a couple of minutes to post or reply, come on guys, we can take over here thumbsup2.gif

I saw Ian in the show, apparently he was there ex-producer.