• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I'd call that more like a 7.0 than an 8.0, wouldn't you guys? Nice book, but a number of color breaks along the spine when you zoom in... and hard to know how much the digital photos are amping the colors up.

I agree, Jon. The spine really stands out to me.

We need Nick to chime in with a grade here. Paging ETANICK.

I'd call that more like a 7.0 than an 8.0, wouldn't you guys? Nice book, but a number of color breaks along the spine when you zoom in... and hard to know how much the digital photos are amping the colors up.

I agree, Jon. The spine really stands out to me.

We need Nick to chime in with a grade here. Paging ETANICK.

:acclaim:

I think the book is a 7.0/7.5..hard to tell if the spine is equally as bad on the bottom half of the front cover. The arts hide most flaws the with the pics provided.

there is a hint of 1/2" CB corner crease on the top right front cover? if that is indeed a slight CB crease, then a 7.0 for me, it not a 7.5

other than that, it is a nice well centered book with clean back cover.

I do think the 227 is nicer than the 232 from the same seller...since the 232 has a bigger crease on the top right corner with similar creasing on the spine.

I had a lot of bad luck buying 232 over the years because the lime green cover hides so many CB creases that can only be seen in hands.

On closer look, I even think 7.0 might be pushing it. It looks more like 6.0/6.5 to me.

By way of reference, here's a similar copy I posted a year ago in the grading forum. Everyone here said it was 7.5, maybe 8.0 (& I agreed). Now compare the spine on mine to the ebay copy...

(grading thread)

bat227b.jpg

bat227bback.jpg

124657.jpg.bf9e03d4869557653c1dc37be89851dd.jpg

Nearly $140 with 4 days to go on this raw copy. It will be interesting to see the final hammer price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190663403021?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Up to $172 (and still a day to go) for a Fine/Fine+. :ohnoez: With these kinds of nutty prices, I'm tempted to list one of my own copies.

Nearly $140 with 4 days to go on this raw copy. It will be interesting to see the final hammer price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190663403021?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Up to $172 (and still a day to go) for a Fine/Fine+. :ohnoez: With these kinds of nutty prices, I'm tempted to list one of my own copies.

I'd go for it!

I'd like to reserve ** this space ** for some Adams books which are in the "works" :)

The downside is I won't have them in hand for a couple of months :sorry:

I was hoping to have found a decent copy or two at the BostonCon that just passed, but seeing as I never made it out there, I guess I'll never know.

I've actually been eyeing a 9.4 of Bats 222 over at CL, but gave up after my high bid of $610 was overtaken. Although I really want a decent copy to fill my collection, this is the one Bat book I just can't see myself going crazy for, despite the popularity.

The Bats 232 went for a big premium. I thought I sniped it with 10 seconds left, only to be instantly resnipped. Whoever won it got a terrific looking copy. The centering and page quality were superb.

I know a boardie must have won it, fess up winner.

Wow. Check out the price on the #244 as well - 9.6 copies were selling for $500 late last year and this one hit $426.

Looks like the lower prices last month were a good time to add more books for a short term pre-movie buy and flip. I should have snagged some more of them. :frustrated:

Edited by kimik

Forget Bats 232. Check out what that Bats 243 went for. Wow!

Holy sheepdip! :o

that's an ugly copy also, someone probably thinks they can smush it into a 9.8.

Maybe, but I think it is more of the upcoming movie effect. Prices have been jumping for a couple of months now on most of the Adams Batmans and Tecs, as well as other books tied to the movie such as Tec #359. With the way things are going I am very tempted to start unloading some more of my keeper copies and buy them back later post-movie for less. hm