• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

list the CGC 7.5 on eBay with a BIN of $500. :gossip::wishluck:

It will go up this weekend with a bunch of the others i posted in the Adams cover thread for an end of month sale. (thumbs u

With Greggy's copy poised to set a new high price for 9.2 Batman #227, I am debating whether I should sell one of my 9.2s. Which copy would you keep?

A:

cgcBatman227highest.jpg

cgcBatman227highestbc.jpg

or B:

cgcBatman227nmminus2.jpg

cgcBatman227nmminus2bc.jpg

Edited by kimik

Is it just the scanner? Because B looks more vibrant where as A is kind of murky.

I'd pick B. The wrap and presentation is fine. I don't mind a little white at all so long as it's even.

Is it just the scanner? Because B looks more vibrant where as A is kind of murky.

I'd pick B. The wrap and presentation is fine. I don't mind a little white at all so long as it's even.

I'd go with B as well, the colors look very nice. Plus that top staple on A kind of bugs me; to me, it makes it look as if it is stapled on the cover image itself. Of course, I wouldn't kick either copy out of the house....

:)

Edited by Walls

No, B is a brighter/glossier book in hand as well. I am torn between the two. Copy A has better centering, but the spine dings are an issue. Copy B is brighter, but is not as well centered and has distributor ink overspray. I will poste the back covers as well so you can see.

With Greggy's copy poised to set a new high price for 9.2 Batman #227, I am debating whether I should sell one of my 9.2s. Which copy would you keep?

A:

cgcBatman227highest.jpg

or B:

cgcBatman227nmminus2.jpg

Look, you got two copies. Decide which one you like and give me the superfluous one.

SLR

A:

cgcBatman227highest.jpg

or B:

cgcBatman227nmminus2.jpg

Look, you got two copies. Decide which one you like and give me the superfluous one.

SLR

Keep B. Less spine ticks. Compare the staple placement between the two books. Centering as well. Copy B wins hands down. (thumbs u