• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I honestly think it might have gone higher if that 9.4 hadn't had shown up in the last few days. As long as you're happy, Congrats :)

the CGC 9.4 is still available on eBay. it had nothing to do with the final hammer. as i mentioned before, i think to most buyers of 227, CGC 9.4 are out of their pocket range.

How much is it on eBay for? hm

Well, it's been relisted at a more realistic $1550. Accepting offers too. Might go this time around.

I honestly think it might have gone higher if that 9.4 hadn't had shown up in the last few days. As long as you're happy, Congrats :)

the CGC 9.4 is still available on eBay. it had nothing to do with the final hammer. as i mentioned before, i think to most buyers of 227, CGC 9.4 are out of their pocket range.

How much is it on eBay for? hm

Well, it's been relisted at a more realistic $1550. Accepting offers too. Might go this time around.

Based on what I paid for my #222 in 9.4 I would say this is an OK price.

But if memory serves correct, I could have bought a 9.6 at this price last year :cry:

It is interesting to see the hits/watchers counts on my Adams auctions this week. So far the Batman #232 is the winner by a long shot,the Tec #411 is next just 13 hits back, and the GL #76 and Bats #227 are tied about 30 viewers behind the #232.

It is interesting to see the hits/watchers counts on my Adams auctions this week. So far the Batman #232 is the winner by a long shot,the Tec #411 is next just 13 hits back, and the GL #76 and Bats #227 are tied about 30 viewers behind the #232.

Bats 232 doesn't get the respect it deserves,huge key in my book.I mean really the only bigger Bats villain would be the Joker.Very underrated book IMO.

Bats 232 doesn't get the respect it deserves,huge key in my book.I mean really the only bigger Bats villain would be the Joker.Very underrated book IMO.

Agreed. I have long felt that Batman #232 should be the biggest book in the Adams Batman run. Unfortunately, this is an issue where supply can meet demand and the prices seem to be suppressed relative to #222 or #227 as a result. FWIW, good old Ras is my favorite Batman villain, with the Joker a distant second.

Happy to finally own a copy :cloud9: Will read it this week sometime.

Scan-120604-0001.jpg

Wow, beautiful copy! Good things come to those who are patient. If you hate the story, I'm sure there are a dozen or so people that would take it off your hands. :devil: Congrats.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get this copy? Was it eBay? I dunno where you guys find this stuff, but none of the LCS in my area ever carry any vintage books in decent quality or quantitiy.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get this copy? Was it eBay? I dunno where you guys find this stuff, but none of the LCS in my area ever carry any vintage books in decent quality or quantitiy.

My LCS has been getting in some decent collections over the past year, but the DC runs are all missing the Adams Bats and Tecs. :cry:

They just landed a nice 50s romance collection that will go on the walls in a day or two.

Edited by kimik

I dunno where you guys find this stuff, but none of the LCS in my area ever carry any vintage books in decent quality or quantitiy.

+1

Can't even remember the last time I got a back issue from an LCS... and Lord knows I try. Probably 3 years at least...

I dunno where you guys find this stuff, but none of the LCS in my area ever carry any vintage books in decent quality or quantitiy.

+1

Can't even remember the last time I got a back issue from an LCS... and Lord knows I try. Probably 3 years at least...

My LCS has some nice 10 cent DCs right now, including Showcase #5, 9 and #10 if anyone is interested......

+1

My LCS has some nice 10 cent DCs right now, including Showcase #5, 9 and #10 if anyone is interested......

how nice is nice.