• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Damn, thats just turned up at the wrong time! :cry:

i'm sure roy would do time payments for a forum member. :gossip:

I'm sure Roy would but thats still not going to help me lol

Just the wrong time for this to crop up. And I was after a 9.4..... oh well.

I dunno where you guys find this stuff, but none of the LCS in my area ever carry any vintage books in decent quality or quantitiy.

+1

Can't even remember the last time I got a back issue from an LCS... and Lord knows I try. Probably 3 years at least...

My LCS has some nice 10 cent DCs right now, including Showcase #5, 9 and #10 if anyone is interested......

how nice is nice.

VGish range. I called them nice since they are early SA DCs and do not turn up in that shape often. They are getting a run of 50s Romance books from the same seller this week as well.

Must have been a last minute addition. There's a new 9.2 over at CL. This one is a SS. Not sure if that's a negative or a positive. Not crazy about SS books myself.

Must have been a last minute addition. There's a new 9.2 over at CL. This one is a SS. Not sure if that's a negative or a positive. Not crazy about SS books myself.

Personally, I don't care for them either. The copy that is in the auction is quite attractively wrapped except a micro white line on the bottom 1/4 of the spine, but the PQ isn't the best. Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Edited by scooter99

I would have taken this copy over my 9.2 with white pages that I paid almost as much for 6 months ago. :P

Looks like price fluctuates based on availability. I will certainly keep this in mind for future purchases.

I would have taken this copy over my 9.2 with white pages that I paid almost as much for 6 months ago. :P

Looks like price fluctuates based on availability. I will certainly keep this in mind for future purchases.

This book does not look like a 9.4 in the cruddy pics. Small tear/nick middle right edge, spots of wear along the top edge, what appears to be a spine ding or maybe two, and on my wife's laptop this morning it looks like there could be something along the bottom edge as well.

Edited by kimik

Still a really nice book though. I thought the final hammer price was real good deal for the buyer.

Depends. Looks like the book was overgraded a bit, so if it is only a 9.2 then he overpaid a bit.

Still a really nice book though. I thought the final hammer price was real good deal for the buyer.

Depends. Looks like the book was overgraded a bit, so if it is only a 9.2 then he overpaid a bit.

I was thinking the same.

I was thinking the same.

Board member bought this book, check CG.... :gossip:

Congrats to the buyer, then. At the worst, he overpaid a smidge for a bit of an overgraded book. At best, he got a deal on a 9.4. Either way he comes out fine. (thumbs u

ouch doh!

looks like i sold at the right time with my BIN.

congrats to the forum member that got the book at a bargain. :golfclap:

I mostly collect Spider-man but about seven years ago I sold my Batman collection to pay off the college loan. (181 to what was then current) I always regretted selling a few of them and this one was sorely missed. For the few issues that I will buy back, I want issues that are in a higher grade than the ones I sold.

Thank you to the well wishes on the score.

The seller shipped it out this morning and I will post a better picture of it when I receive the book.

Edited by Buzzetta