• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Book arrived this afternoon:

I do not have a legal sized scanner so the pics from the iPhone were coming out better than the scans. The mark above the point on the "B" in "Batman" is a printing mark as are the dots of yellow mist by the "N". There is a right side ding as noted. However on the left side, the spine better than what the fuzzy pics revealed on eBay. The bottom edge does show a couple of marks on the bottom right edge.

I have a Neal Adams SS copy waiting to be graded in Sarasota so if I make a run at another AF15 then I may consider selling it down the road to raise some cash. For now though, I am happy to add it to the collection.

f4a276b3.jpg

4c744441.jpg

d9149ba5.jpg

f65cc419.jpg

4d4ed6b6.jpg

42e28930.jpg

Agree with Kimik, sharp copy, I like the wrap on this one. Nice purchase. (thumbs u

I really feel like #227 will be the last book I pickup to complete my #200 - 299 run. lol

It has become my nemesis :sumo:

I never quite understood how CGC takes color scuffing into consideration. I have a 9.4 Tec 410 that's even worse than that. Congrats on the pick up. Awesome deal.

Thanks to all of you. On quick question though... this was basically a gamble for me as I could not see the book clearly due to his pictures. I basically trusted the assigned numeric grade.

If I had received the book and found that the case had been tampered with or some other kind of shenanigans... up to what dollar amount was I protected? Would I have been covered up to the full $1000?

even if the seller has a no return policy, If you received the slab and felt that it was tempered with, all you need to do is contact Ebay, explain why you want to return it and they will force the seller to take it back and give you a full refund.

It is a hassle to buy from sellers with no return policy because you have to jump thru a few hoops to get a refund but it can be done.

Here is one situation that I had a while ago.

I bought an electronic item that was claimed to be brand new. The seller had a no return policy. I received the item and..

a) it wasn't working

b) the rubbers on the bottom of the device were worn out as if the item had been moved around many times.

I wrapped up the item and shipped it back asap with tracking before I contact Ebay (mistake here) but I did contact the seller right away that I am returning it and expect a full refund....and I file a case with Ebay when he decided to tell me in no way is the item broken and he will refund my money.

Ebay contacted me shortly for proof that the item is NOT NEW such as a pic of the worn out rubbers but I told them it is too late because I shipped it back already. I gave Ebay the tracking info and within 24 hours that the package was delivered, I got a full refund from Paypal.

note to self..contact Ebay first next time and let them guide you on the steps you need to do to return an item from a seller that offer no return policy because if your reason is legit...Ebay will let you return it.

I never quite understood how CGC takes color scuffing into consideration. I have a 9.4 Tec 410 that's even worse than that. Congrats on the pick up. Awesome deal.

I think it generally depends on the type of scuffing and the amount.

They're going to go a touch easier on what looks like production related scuffing (usually happens while the inks are still wet) than if the gloss and colour are scuffed off from poor handling.

even if the seller has a no return policy, If you received the slab and felt that it was tempered with, all you need to do is contact Ebay, explain why you want to return it and they will force the seller to take it back and give you a full refund.

It is a hassle to buy from sellers with no return policy because you have to jump thru a few hoops to get a refund but it can be done.

Here is one situation that I had a while ago.

I bought an electronic item that was claimed to be brand new. The seller had a no return policy. I received the item and..

a) it wasn't working

b) the rubbers on the bottom of the device were worn out as if the item had been moved around many times.

I wrapped up the item and shipped it back asap with tracking before I contact Ebay (mistake here) but I did contact the seller right away that I am returning it and expect a full refund....and I file a case with Ebay when he decided to tell me in no way is the item broken and he will refund my money.

Ebay contacted me shortly for proof that the item is NOT NEW such as a pic of the worn out rubbers but I told them it is too late because I shipped it back already. I gave Ebay the tracking info and within 24 hours that the package was delivered, I got a full refund from Paypal.

note to self..contact Ebay first next time and let them guide you on the steps you need to do to return an item from a seller that offer no return policy because if your reason is legit...Ebay will let you return it.

This is good to know as it reinforces my understandings of how it works as a buyer and a seller. Every now and then I am willing to roll the dice if it looks like a deal. A couple of years ago I had bought three (non CGC) slabbed books consisting of Hulk 180, 181, and 182 in a 8.0, 7.0 and 8.0 respectively for a little over $400 from a seller with 0 feedback. I had figured that I would be protected in a worst case scenario. Yes I received the books and was happy with that one too.

The only one I am unwilling to roll the dice on is anything over a few thousand... So far I will only trust Comiclink, Metropolis or any of the big dealers or Con purchases for something like that.