• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

You heard it hear first, I officially give up pursuing Batman #227.

I have all my keys from the Silver Age up and I no longer consider this book to be part of my focus.

Phew... I feel better.

I have all my keys from the Silver Age up and I no longer consider this book to be part of my focus.

Phew... I feel better.

Why you gave up pursuing 227? You found a a high grade??

Phew... I feel better.

No just decided it doesn't fit the "keys focus" I have now.

I've owned several copies of 227 and any time the perfect copy came up I had already spent the budget on other books.

And to be honest, I've read the comic recently and other then a Neal Adams coverswipe, it offers nothing in terms of 1st appearances or key storyline elements.

Phew... I feel better.

No just decided it doesn't fit the "keys focus" I have now.

I've owned several copies of 227 and any time the perfect copy came up I had already spent the budget on other books.

And to be honest, I've read the comic recently and other then a Neal Adams coverswipe, it offers nothing in terms of 1st appearances or key storyline elements.

It's a nice homage, but its not his best cover since its not entirely his own and he did plenty of other better Batman covers in my opinion like 244. I think Batman 232 or Detective 400 first Man Bat I believe should be worth more based on their keys

Is Man Bat still around?

Seems like, if not, someone should bring him back--like when Josh Whedon brought back the small dragon sprite character in Astonishing X-Men 1.

Anyone know what happened to Man Bat and Ace the Bathound? I mean, I hope Ace is dead by now (dog years and all), but did they ever send him off properly?

I think Man-Bat gained more exposure during the Animated Series.

In the comics... he had a good 3 part issue in the late 90s but other then that he's been somewhat of a dormant character.

Morrison stinks so I purged it from my memory.

+1

respect for Arkham though

You mean the Arkham Asylum book? For sure... although I don't like Dave Mckean, he ruined the Miracleman covers.

And early Morrison did write Batman Gothic which is one of my favourite stories. However he ruined Batman for me with RIP and the surrounding stories. Snyder is clearing up his mess.

Back on topic... so that #227 huh?

Morrison stinks so I purged it from my memory.

+1

respect for Arkham though

You mean the Arkham Asylum book? For sure... although I don't like Dave Mckean, he ruined the Miracleman covers.

And early Morrison did write Batman Gothic which is one of my favourite stories. However he ruined Batman for me with RIP and the surrounding stories. Snyder is clearing up his mess.

Back on topic... so that #227 huh?

true and true, though i like McKean

I miss my #227 7.0 SS, it's one of two books I truly regret selling. The signature placement was perfection in itself. Beyond that I've owned about seven other copies of this book (a CGC 8.0 being the highest grade) and I have no urge to replace it right now. I'm only concentrating on 9.4 BA books and I just don't think I'd be getting my money's worth paying GPA on a 9.4 so I'll leave it alone.

I'll be more than happy to after a #244 9.4 and a 'Tec #400 9.4 in the near future, but #227 can certainly wait. It may be that I never own another copy.

I feel that way about Bats 222. Will eventually own one, but not at the current prices for a mid to high grade.

Yeah. I wish I had kept hold of my 9.2 that I had 2 years ago.

I feel that way about Bats 222. Will eventually own one, but not at the current prices for a mid to high grade.

Ditto re: #222 for me as well - I prefer 221, 227, 232, 243-244, 251 as far as covers and stories go. But, since I bought my 9.4 raw for a great price and slabbed it myself I will hold onto it for now..........

Edited by kimik

Ditto re: #222 for me as well - I prefer 221, 227, 232, 243-244, 251 as far as covers and stories go. But, since I bought my 9.4 raw for a great price and stabbed it myself I will hold onto it for now..........

You stabbed it and it still made 9.4?? :o

Must have been during CGCs loose period. :shy: