• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I finally got to add this to my wall. Not the highest grade in the world. I was happy to that it was wrapped nicely and complete. :cloud9:

Nothing really beats the feeling of finally finding a raw book that was affordable and didn't look like a train wreck! Already ordered a nice frame for it.

Batman227.jpg

I finally got to add this to my wall. Not the highest grade in the world. I was happy to that it was wrapped nicely and complete. :cloud9:

Nothing really beats the feeling of finally finding a raw book that was affordable and didn't look like a train wreck! Already ordered a nice frame for it.

Batman227.jpg

Pretty damn nice copy if you ask me. Presents incredibly well.

Batman227.jpg

Pretty damn nice copy if you ask me. Presents incredibly well.

Nice copy. :applause:

Nice book. What other Adams Bats do you have on the wall to go with it?

I've got a handful from this Tec and Batman Runs. None of the keys :sorry: I just started focusing on these issues. I have a wall of Batman sketches from various artists and wanted a few nice, good looking, mid-grade covers to mix in with them. Neal's covers are the first thing I think of when someone asks me about Batman. 227 happens to be my favorite (since it is a Tec 31 swipe and I have been doing cover recreations myself!)

I personally thought that the Brazil copy would have been a lot thinner. hm
The Brazillian Ebal books are printed on better quality paper than even the US editions of the time period and the covers are almost a card stock quality similar to the deluxe format i.e. The Dark Knight Returns. As far as the em cores (all color) books go the cover stock is of a heavy quality with a high gloss finish, probably at least twice as thick (maybe more) than a modern paperback book. Ebal definitely produced a high quality product. The problem with the majority of them when you find them is that the staples are badly rusted. I don't know if this is due to them being of a poor quality or because of the fact that most of them sat around in Brazil for so many years which is just about all rain forest. Even the ones exported to Portugal suffer from this most of the time.

My point is... if you ever see one of these books in person you'd have a better understanding of just how high the quality level on them was, far superior to anything anyone else was publishing at the time.

I think you miss my joke! lol

Brazil... Waxing... thinner.... :D

Wow what does a 9.4 Batman #200 run? Never saw one that high of a grade.....

Not sure without checking GPA.

I bought it as a raw VF/NM and subbed it myself.