• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That splash page is awesome.

Slightly off topic, if anyone is looking for a 222 in high grade, Bob Storms listed this gem.

http://www.highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=93453

That's a tough one in grade. :applause:

Now that is tempting. I've been holding the line on this particular book for a while now. It's really the only Adams Bat book I'm missing, but I just can't bring myself to pay a lot for it. I think I'm ok with something in the 9.0 range if it ever turns up.

Slightly off topic, if anyone is looking for a 222 in high grade, Bob Storms listed this gem.

Now that is tempting. I've been holding the line on this particular book for a while now. It's really the only Adams Bat book I'm missing, but I just can't bring myself to pay a lot for it. I think I'm ok with something in the 9.0 range if it ever turns up.

They don't seem to come up for sale as much as other Adams Bat keys either.

I know I snagged my 9.4 as soon as I saw it.

Wow. Bidding war?

Yeah, yeah. CVA sticker. Wouldn't be funny if it turns out CVA employees are bidding up these books to bring attention to the service.

They don't seem to come up for sale as much as other Adams Bat keys either.

I know I snagged my 9.4 as soon as I saw it.

It depends. I have come across a number of 8.0+ copies the past year and a half. It is a great book to buy to flip. (thumbs u

That 8.0 on Clink sold for a good amount. If that was the case I honestly would save some more money and just go for the higher grade. That sticker to me is kinda funny because it still doesn't beat up the next grade the 9.0 will generally look nicer than the 8.0.

The more I look at this 8.0, I can't blame the bidding war. It's a very nice book that presents really well. Bet if this was still the pre-CGC days, this probably would have been graded much higher.

RAD547952013611_14560.jpg

Does anyone know what this Bats 222 (9.4) sold for? I vaguely recall it was listed at $1250, but not sure.

I recently commissioned a recreation of the splash page from #227 - my favorite Bat-Splash. I really wanted it to have that authentic look - like it was really a piece of OA - so I had the indicia mocked up and taped on, just like it was on the original.

I've got it all matted up and ready to be framed. Here's a pic:

2ujo09z.jpg

It isn't quite finished yet. I think I'll probably bring the matt in closer to the image down the bottom. I used to work in the art framing industry so I have a lot of the stuff that's needed at home.

I recently had a recreation done of the splash page from #227 - my favorite Bat-Splash. I really wanted it to have that authentic look - like it was really a piece of OA - so I had the indicia mocked up and tapped on just like it was on the original.

I've got it all matted up and ready to be framed. Here's a pic:

2ujo09z.jpg

It isn't quite finished yet. I think I'll probably bring the matt in closer to the image down the bottom. I used to work in the art framing industry so I have a lot of the stuff needed at home.

Love it! :applause:

Wow. Very aggressive openning bids. I guess 9.4 is the sweet spot for this book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-227-CGC-9-4-NEAR-MINT-OW-WHITE-CLASSIC-COVER-NEAL-ADAMS-DC-COMICS-/130951952601?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e7d5838d9

Although still priced slightly lower than Tec 400, did anyone notice that Overstreet finally has this listed as the most expensive Adams Bats now? Even above 232 and 234.

Although 222 is still only $125 in NM (Gee, where can I find a copy like that).

What an excellent 9.4 it looks like a 9.6 ^^

My favorite Batman cover of all time!

I almost have all the foreign versions of it

i gladly offer $1000 to anyone who can produce a Australian version in any condition (thumbs u

there is only one known copy to exist in United States