• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Registry Yes or No

Should LucyBop get her Archie Registry from CGC?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should LucyBop get her Archie Registry from CGC?

10 posts in this topic

ahem....

CGC, whomever voted no....

BANN EM! devil.gif

(just kidding)

More ARCHIES FOR ME!

So many haters on this board, i voted yes for you LucyBop and i hope you do finally get your registry.

So many haters on this board, i voted yes for you LucyBop and i hope you do finally get your registry.

I do too, but I voted no simply because there are TONS of series and subsets I'd rather see before an Archie one. Nothing personal, but CGC is sooooo far behind the registry sets it's not even funny.

I voted Yes even though I collect no Archie simply because I DO think Archie is a key piece of, not just comic history, but AMerican history (and being such a young country we need all the history we can get!) Even people who don't know comic characters usually know Archie. In that repsect, the series is like Superman and Batman. Something that, for whatever reason, engrained itself into the collective subconscious. And you know what? As I posted in the GA section, I am officially expanding from just pre-code to most genres of GA - just one representative book from each title - and Archie will definitley be amoung them - and who knows? Maybe an Archie AND a Pep! thumbsup2.gif

Serisouly? The title is incredibly long-lived and really deserves a Registry set - it is, unto itself, a most interesting - in the best GALAXY QUEST way - historical document! thumbsup2.gif

I voted Yes even though I collect no Archie simply because I DO think Archie is a key piece of, not just comic history, but AMerican history (and being such a young country we need all the history we can get!) Even people who don't know comic characters usually know Archie. In that repsect, the series is like Superman and Batman. Something that, for whatever reason, engrained itself into the collective subconscious. And you know what? As I posted in the GA section, I am officially expanding from just pre-code to most genres of GA - just one representative book from each title - and Archie will definitley be amoung them - and who knows? Maybe an Archie AND a Pep! thumbsup2.gif

Serisouly? The title is incredibly long-lived and really deserves a Registry set - it is, unto itself, a most interesting - in the best GALAXY QUEST way - historical document! thumbsup2.gif

will you marry me? cloud9.gif

will you marry me?

To paraphrase Groucho - I could never marry a woman who would want ME as a husband!

But I also say = Go Archie GO Archie Go Archie GO!

And on a serious note - for someone who will seek just one example each of the Archie books for their GA type set - what would you recommend (not too dear a price - even a simple Type Set of GA is gonna be pricey) - so best bang for the buck? grin.gif

I voted yes even though the last Archie I enjoyed was in my orthodonists office many,many years ago.But if anyone ever tries to post ad infinitium,ad nauseaum about the trials and tribulations of putting together an entire run of these books,I reserve the right to change my vote.

I voted yes even though the last Archie I enjoyed was in my orthodonists office many,many years ago.But if anyone ever tries to post ad infinitium,ad nauseaum about the trials and tribulations of putting together an entire run of these books,I reserve the right to change my vote.

In can't be as bad as all of the Hulk 181 threads we've had to endure foreheadslap.gif

Hey, its comics and Archie deserves a spot here too!

And on a serious note - for someone who will seek just one example each of the Archie books for their GA type set - what would you recommend (not too dear a price - even a simple Type Set of GA is gonna be pricey) - so best bang for the buck? grin.gif

Pov:

I guess it depends on how early you want to go on the GA series. But my thoughts for early Archies would be:

Archie Comics #13. GREAT Archie/Veronica/Betty cover, Classic GA content and significantly cheaper than single digit issues.

Jackpot Comics #6 or 7. Those two have the best covers of the run and will be cheaper than 4 or 5.

Laugh Comics any issue 26 through 29. Awesome Fagaly covers!

Pep Comics. This one's a toughie. If you want the cheaper option then #41 would be my choice with the second Archie cover. But if I was going to get just one Pep I would get either 27, 30, 34 or 36. Probably the cheapest of those four would be #30 which has an awesome cover but doesn't seem to get the attention of the other 3 issues.

Hope this helps!

Steve.