• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay question...

27 posts in this topic

Let's say hypothetically that a seller has a group of 6 books from the early '90s listed.

Books are listed as "Mint issues of So-n-So #1-7".

The seller has perfect feedback.

The seller appears to be random in that they have a few comic auctions, but the majority of their auctions are nicknack collectible household junk.

The auction is listed as "No returns."

Let's say hypothetically that a buyer, buys said auction.

Shipping is a little on the high side. Well...about double what it should be.

Comics arrive and buyer opens the package to find books in...MUCH...less than "Mint."

Some of which maybe the worst condition "90s books" the buy has ever seen.

Now...buyer sends a polite email through eBay.

Ok...maybe it's a little less than polite, but for the sake of argument, it's factual.

Seller will not respond to buyer.

Note that although the seller says "No refunds," eBay has buyer protection on the auction.

Does the buyer...

A) Try to contact the seller again?

B) Eat the books and neg the seller?

C) File a claim through eBay's resolution center? ...THEN neg the seller?

D) Neg the seller?

A then C in that order.

Its easy for a seller to miss an E-mail or maybe even not want to respond right away particularly if your first E-mail to him/her was impolite or combative. My suggestion would be to give the seller every chance to make things right. Then if the seller chooses not to make things right then you can feel good about filing a claim with eBay and leaving appropriate feedback. (thumbs u

You're probably right. I'll give him until tomorrow and send another email.

My first email wasn't very...nevermind...yeah, it was. :shy:

I received the books and they are nowhere near being anything resembling "Mint" condition. Perhaps you should pull them out of the bag and look at them before you put a grade on them, or learn to identify what the word "Mint" means.

I'm not happy.

Thanks.

To someone that doesn't know what a sweet, lovable person I am, I can see how they might manage to misconstrue it. hm

...but it IS "factual." :sumo:

Let's say hypothetically that a seller has a group of 6 books from the early '90s listed.

The seller has perfect feedback.

The seller appears to be random in that they have a few comic auctions, but the majority of their auctions are nicknack collectible household junk.

Let's say hypothetically that a buyer, buys said auction.

Comics arrive and buyer opens the package to find books in...MUCH...less than "Mint."

Now...buyer sends a polite email through eBay.

Ok...maybe it's a little less than polite, but for the sake of argument, it's factual.

Seller will not respond to buyer.

Note that although the seller says "No refunds," eBay has buyer protection on the auction.

Does the buyer...

A) Try to contact the seller again?

B) Eat the books and neg the seller?

C) File a claim through eBay's resolution center? ...THEN neg the seller?

D) Neg the seller?

Is it my auction?

(shrug)

I received the books and they are nowhere near being anything resembling "Mint" condition. Perhaps you should pull them out of the bag and look at them before you put a grade on them, or learn to identify what the word "Mint" means.

I'm not happy.

Thanks.

To someone that doesn't know what a sweet, lovable person I am, I can see how they might manage to misconstrue it. hm

You did say Thanks (shrug)

I'm not happy.

Thanks.

You did say Thanks (shrug)

I was trying to be nice about it. I was raised to be respectful. :foryou:

Let's say hypothetically that the buyer is a long time CGC board member, and honestly should know better.

Let's say hypothetically that the buyer is a long time CGC board member, and honestly should know better.

I accidentally left that part out. Thanks. :(

:sorry:

Oh well, at least you can make a mockery of the seller's 'no returns' policy.

Oh well, at least you can make a mockery of the seller's 'no returns' policy.

:foryou: