• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On the set of Conan...

192 posts in this topic

Read this.

Her all-leather costumes were also challenge. McGowan said, "The costumes were feats of engineering, and it took two people to get me in and out of almost every one of them." Once she was in the outfits, it didn't get any easier. "All of them except for one I could not sit in, so at lunch I would just kind of stand in my trailer because I didn't want to hurt them."

How much would your job suck to be in charge of getting Rose McGowan stuffed into a leather dress every day.

I don't think I'd even want to be paid. :banana:

...can I PLEASE work more overtime? (worship)

I worked as a dresser before I was a "bodice lacer" believe me 8 out of every 10 girls I would not touch without that pay in hand..bleahhhh

Yikes that outfit is gross..omg

barf

they would have to pay me big bucks to peel her out of that blah..

plus she has been with Marilyn Manson..dude

I know some of you guys think she is hawt

seriously would you really put your Johnson somewhere that MM has had his..

I am just saying seriously cootified..

seriously would you really put your Johnson somewhere that MM has had his..

No comment. hm

I worked as a dresser before I was a "bodice lacer" believe me 8 out of every 10 girls I would not touch without that pay in hand..bleahhhh

Is there any job or experience that you haven't claimed to have done?

Would you like to see pictures..you should think before you post..

I am not only a card carrying guild member for a society of bodice wearing women..I am certified a professional bodice lacer /costumer for the guild i am in and two others..

I also dress/costume dancers dance groups as well.

There is more to costuming someone that just throwing the clothes at them..

Many costume jobs only last a few months or the run of the show/fair what have you..

as for how many jobs I have had..in the 90's the count was about 119..

it has to be at least double that at this point in time..

I enjoy new endeavors and get bored pretty easily. Until family/health things got the way they are I usually had 3-4 jobs at the time ..(especially when I lived in CA)

I have worked in a lot of different areas..it makes me very happy to be able to say I coordinated an assortment of conventions, I also enjoyed working for the San Diego Zoo..,Seaworld..The Native American Cultural society.., The Royal Court of San Diego..Frightmare on Market ..the haunted hotel...Astral Seas, I could go on and on..I love trying new jobs that seem interesting to me(like acting jobs,character or players work)..or jobs where there is a lot of money for doing little work (chauffuer, home shopping model, camera club girl,voice actress)

With the exception of office jobs,restaurants,and temp jobs..I have pictures of me at almost every job..lol including me adorned in all my finery (with many clothespins on my skirt used to clip bodices for a neat tie)as a bodice lacer

I have pictures of me behind the counter at my comic shop and the one I worked for before that..pictures of me working at the zoo, pictures of me working at faires and festivals,pictures of me winning pageant titles, pictures of me at many charity events in and out of costumes..there are also films with me in them..and videos..and magazine articles...

claimed to ..

go :censored: yerself

Is there any job or experience that you haven't claimed to have done?

I have never worked in any industry that required me to lift heavy weights(unless you count comic long boxes)

Never been a reporter or worked for a newspaper

..I have never worked on an assembly line..

I have never loaded a car hauler..

I have never been an over the road truck driver..

I have never worked in a management position unless I owned the company

I have never worked as a debt collector

I have never worked in any aspect of the farming industry

never been a Dr or nurse

I have never sung in public..not even drunk or at church (I just mumble along)

never been a used car sales person

or a new car salesperson

I've never worked anywhere outside a fair/con where they sell clothing..

so yeah there are lots of things I have not done..and do not plan to...

But see lots of people can say they have worked those jobs..

far fewer people can say "I lived out in a tent in the desert with no running water or electricity and it was the most FUN ever" ... "They paid me $1700 to pop bubblewrap with my toes for an hour and a half".."Hey Mom my new job is at the zoo I get to be a Meerkat!!"

Sure my work history looks scattershot at best with I would say 80% of my income under the table my whole life..but it has been way more fun than my husband's 38 yrs working at the same job every single day..

ugh it would kill me..looking at the same people day after day..doing the same job plodding along ..couldn't stand it..

:roflmao: ...you :headbang:

Thanks! I am curious..what is your avatar???

Flippy... the green beret from Happy Tree Friends! :headbang:

hmm Happy Tree Friends?? I will have to google it after I have some sleepies

claimed to ..

I'm sure that if the subject had been monkey herding in Botswana, you've could've found a way to relate it to you and your past experience herding ferrets in rural Montana. But, please, just continue posting old pics of yourself. I just wanted to give you an excuse to post another rambling wall of text. Mission accomplished.