• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On the set of Conan...

192 posts in this topic

(worship) (worship) I have pulp envy. It would be truly awesome to have the first appearance of "Red Nails," one of Robert E. Howard's best stories, imo...

rednails.jpg

:luhv:

The queerest people ever spawned.

:shy:

:o

see? fits right in this thread!

When REH first started working on "Red Nails" (originally titled "The Red Flame of Passion") he had this to say about it to his girlfriend Novalyne Price:

"Girl, I'm working on a yarn like that now — a Conan yarn. Listen to me. When you have a dying civilization, the normal, accepted life style ain't strong enough to satisfy the damned insatiable appetites of the courtesans and, finally, of all the people. They turn to Lesbianism and things like that to satisfy their desires...I am going to call it 'The Red Flame of Passion."

I love how he capitalizes Lesbianism.

(worship) (worship) I have pulp envy. It would be truly awesome to have the first appearance of "Red Nails," one of Robert E. Howard's best stories, imo...

rednails.jpg

I'm happy you got this one, Neil.

It was probably my biggest missed chance in the FS Forums.

Look at that cover. So soft. So supple.

<3

That's one sweet book

I agree. It's so sweet it makes me want to take my clothes off. :cloud9:

...oh mess! I already did! :whee:

That's one sweet book

I agree. It's so sweet it makes me want to take my clothes off. :cloud9:

...oh mess! I already did! :whee:

Naked?..I guess... I am cofortable with my masculinity....it's when you start messing around with Bacon grease that I begin feeling uncomfortable... :blush:

WORST...CONAN...THREAD...EVER !!! :sumo:

cbgj.jpg

No kidding.

Hey, I enjoyed having you over to my building yesterday. It is very rare for any living being to enter my sanctum.

Next time I must peer into the Cedar chest...

:rulez: