• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

I was afraid you were going to bid against me on the JIM #85, actually, but since you have that 9.4 white pages copy, why would you pursue an 8.5? I wish I could pursue the 9.6 copy coming up next week.

....you don't know Tsimanga very well. He's not comfortable unless he has at least 30 copies of that issue on hand lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ah, those were the good old hoarding days... I've since changed my ways and live a much simpler, happier life of a single issue comic nerd..

Yes, I won!

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7033&Lot_No=91137&Lot_Id_No=50341

So now I have the 2 8.5 white pages copies that I'm aware of, besides the one Bob sold for $4,500 on Comiclink.

Rub those 2 copies together and hope they breed like Tribbles, and it still wouldn't be enough for that 9.6, I'd wager.

I also won the 6.5 copy on Sunday, so who's the hoarder now? <-----This guy.

I didn't expect to win either lot, actually.

I swear the Heritage auctions don't make any sense to me....so the Crippen Startling # 49 in 8.5 sold for $6,273, while a better presenting 9.0 sold in February for $5,975. :boo:

There were quite a few bargains that I would've bid on if the timing was better....I don't like the 11am EST start time myself....that's 8am for the Left Coasters, which is way too early to be holding a major auction.

I swear the Heritage auctions don't make any sense to me....so the Crippen Startling # 49 in 8.5 sold for $6,273, while a better presenting 9.0 sold in February for $5,975. :boo:

There were quite a few bargains that I would've bid on if the timing was better....I don't like the 11am EST start time myself....that's 8am for the Left Coasters, which is way too early to be holding a major auction.

That was my question earlier.

It seems the ending time of these auctions were bad to me as i was still sleeping at 8am. lol

Either way having auctions ending at 8am on the west coast on a weekday is pretty dumb.

dear god in heaven, the DK splash went for $450k. that's right, $450k

The one that was at $100k before when I posted it?

Too early for us on the West Coast, probably. They had a lot of lots to churn through, though. At one point the head auctioneer joked that they should be done by 3 AM tomorrow. Most of the lots went fast, though.

A bigger concern appeared to be the lag that some of the bidders were experiencing. I had a lag spike right when the lot I was bidding on came up. I had no idea I'd won for what seemed like a full minute after it was over...

$448,125 for the Miller/Janson Splash...

Yes, to some floor bidder named Todd. Applause all around after that lot ended...

when they use first names its usually the name of the heritage employee taking the bid, rather than the bidder, AFAIK

Yeah, it's probably safe to assume he was bidding on behalf of someone else, but I'm not familiar with the names of the HA employees. I wish they'd pull back and show the action in the room. There were some floor bidders going back and forth for awhile, but it seemed like a fairly sedate affair, unlike a Barrett Jackson auction where you have the bidding assistants screaming to get the head auctioneer's attention :)

67 and 77k or thereabouts. liked the #3 at only low 20s better

If the color on the scan is true, it's the prettiest 3 I've ever seen. GOD BLESS...

Yes, I won!

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7033&Lot_No=91137&Lot_Id_No=50341

So now I have the 2 8.5 white pages copies that I'm aware of, besides the one Bob sold for $4,500 on Comiclink.

Rub those 2 copies together and hope they breed like Tribbles, and it still wouldn't be enough for that 9.6, I'd wager.

I'd be curious to know how blue it is when you receive it.....that issue is often very grayed out. GOD BLESS...

Now that that's over, we won't have dozens of new Twin Cities threads. I'm picturing one poster in particular smoking a cigarette now, flushed with the auction afterglow...

:roflmao:

Yes, I won!

I'd be curious to know how blue it is when you receive it.....that issue is often very grayed out. GOD BLESS...

Once I have it in hand I'll try to put them side by side for comparison purposes over on the JIM board.

Yes, to some floor bidder named Todd. Applause all around after that lot ended...

stunning. in the OA forum they speculated maybe $200k

My prediction was I would be more shocked if it hammered UNDER $125k than if it hammered OVER $200k. How far above was a mystery to everyone.

Uncharted waters here. A rare thing to have a piece of this stature in a public auction.

stunning. in the OA forum they speculated maybe $200k

My prediction was I would be more shocked if it hammered UNDER $125k than if it hammered OVER $200k. How far above was a mystery to everyone.

Uncharted waters here. A rare thing to have a piece of this stature in a public auction.

I am awestruck. I figured $200K tops.

That is the highest price paid for a piece of OA isn't it?

The Bats #11 and Supes #14 covers didn't even touch that in their reserve auctions, didn't they?

I'm betting those covers will now sell a little easier.

Wow.