• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man #1 Info

5 posts in this topic

Does the CGC Census group the green Spider-man #1 UPC and Spidey logo editions together for the regular version? I've seen a Green Varient UPC edition listed on eBay several times, but I can't figure out which version this is in the Census.

Also, were less UPC versions produced (hard to call it "rare"!) other than the Gold UPC edition. Was there a silver UPC version?

Finally, what distinguishes a "Poly-Bagged" edition?

Thanks!

Erm, to my knowledge, the rarest Spider-Man #1s are,

1) Platinum Edition (given to dealers only) (10,000 copies printed)

2) Gold Edition with UPC (10,000 copies printed)

3) Silver Poly-bagged (125,000 copies printed)

4) Green Poly-bagged (125,000 copies printed)

5) Silver Variant (no price, 125,000 copies printed)

6) Gold Variant (spidey in UPC box, 450,000 copies printed)

There was supposed to be a Chromium Edition with a print run of 7500 only, but I haven't seen those before.

I'm guessing they lumped the UPC and Spidey logo edition together for the first part of the census.

http://cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?title=Spider%2DMan++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&publisher=Marvel+Comics++++++++++++&issue=1++++++&year=1990&issuedate=8%2F90++++++++++++++++

A Poly-bag edition is a comic in the erm... poly bag?