• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok - Who's going to the PGH Comicon????

11 posts in this topic

I'll be there. I've been going every year since 1998, except for last year (due to my son being born).

I suspect that some Forumites may wait until Philly, but I've always quite liked this show. It was not so hot in 2001, but it's picked up a bit since then. I generally go to the Burg partly because there are no other Brit dealers in attendance! Plus there are some nifty places to check out in downtown Pittsburgh.

See you there!!

um the only decent comic shop in downtown Pittsburgh is Eides. There are not a couple.

Eric

Oh all right ONE comic shop. Anyway, regardless of Donut's scorn, let's see some enthusiasm. There's a half decent Japanese restaurant near the Radisson in Monroeville - if anyone's interested in having a Forum get together, give us a shout.

there are some nifty places to check out in downtown Pittsburgh.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

My wife's from the Pittsburgh area. Don't let her hear you laughing at it. She gets excited when she sees Heinz ketchup in restaurants.

It is a fun show to go to, it's smaller than a lot of "big" conventions and has always has a great guest list. Michael and Rene George put together a very warm and hospitable show for dealers and fans. It's a little remote, and sales are variable, but the guests are very accessible.

I've been going for the last four years, however I may have to pass this year because I have to move on that weekend. There is a chance I might be able to move the weekend before - if I can, then I'll go to Pittsburgh.

Paradise is going to set up, so Peter will be there along with some helpers.

Kev