• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1500 for a CGC NM- TOS #58...um no thanks

20 posts in this topic

I've got to confess I really need a copy of this issue in around this condition so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it but geez oh man $1500 for a NM-??? Is this even remotely reasonable for a $375 book? Is it because it's a Northland Pedigree book? Metropolis has some TOS Northland books that are priced similar to this but it just seems crazy to me. Any guesses on if this will sell and if you think it will how much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32744&item=2237766118&rd=1

Eric

I've got to confess I really need a copy of this issue in around this condition so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it but geez oh man $1500 for a NM-??? Is this even remotely reasonable for a $375 book? Is it because it's a Northland Pedigree book? Metropolis has some TOS Northland books that are priced similar to this but it just seems crazy to me. Any guesses on if this will sell and if you think it will how much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32744&item=2237766118&rd=1

Eric

Well this book seems to come up on a lot of people's lists that want HG copies. But I'm sure many of the die hard HG people would really only be willing to pay uber money for a 9.4. I need a 9.0 or higher but right now it's not at the top of my ist.

i dont think you can go by overstreet on a lot of these high grade cgc books, esp if theyre keys and tos 58 is , a key, classic cover, battle issue, white pages, northland,

a non pedigree 9.2 58 would be worth at least $1200 if 9.0's are selling @ $500-700 which they have been, so $1500 is fair imo even if overstreet says $375 hahahaha

I agree with Murph I think your a little off with your prices Dr.Blake. If you reserch TOS #58 in the Heritage Archives you'll see that $1500 for a NM- is way out of whack. I just paid $750 for a NM- TOS #59 and it is also a key.

Eric

I'm not going to deny that this book is a tough one on the list of many TOS collectors or that it is an important issue but the price just seemed out of whack to me. Is it supported by any other recent sales? Has a CGC NM- ever sold for over $1500? I was more interested in the Northland Pedigree factor because it seems that all of the TOS Northland books I see are priced like this one.

Eric

In my experience, everything on e-bay from this seller is priced very high. I suppose some of the books sell, but suspect alot of them don't.

P.S.: While very high, 4X guide for a pedigree 9.2 is not ridiculously outrageous. For this particular book, tho, I wouldn't pay it.

i dont think you can go by overstreet on a lot of these high grade cgc books, esp if theyre keys and tos 58 is , a key, classic cover, battle issue, white pages, northland,

a non pedigree 9.2 58 would be worth at least $1200 if 9.0's are selling @ $500-700 which they have been, so $1500 is fair imo even if overstreet says $375 hahahaha

Doc, what are you using, Aussie Dollars? Prices for this book have been nowhere near what you're talking about. This is not an easy to find book in high grade, but it's not so hard that anyone should have to pay 4X Guide for a 9.2.

I was more interested in the Northland Pedigree factor because it seems that all of the TOS Northland books I see are priced like this one.

I think the Northland Pedigree is greatly underrated. Many of the books from the collection have great structure and eye appeal. However, I have never seen premiums being paid for the pedigree, not like for PC, Western Penn or Curator.

I'm not exactly sure why,but the purple coloring of this book really is eyecatching in a NM glossy cover.

At even a high VF,it loses much of its eye appeal.

I've got several dozen of this book but have not found an affordable HG one yet. Mine top out about 8.5-9.0 but mostly are in the VG-F range.

$1500 does seem a bit high,though.

For some reason TOS 59 is much easier to obtain in HG,and then 60 is also hard to find.

For some reason TOS 59 is much easier to obtain in HG,and then 60 is also hard to find.

TOS 60 is extremely hard to find in 9.4 or above, perhaps even more so than 58. And yet, a 9.4 copy of 60 went for less than 4X at the most recent Heritage auction. So why would someone pay 4X for a 9.2 copy of 58?

tos 59 is far more common in hi grade and is not a classic cover and quite ugly with the light grey background

northlands are VERY nice and hey, 3.5 - 4x guide for a 9.2 pedigree, white, key issue with a classic cvoer is not insane

i think $900-1200 for a non pedigree of this issue isnt unreasonable

Eric

I know someone who has a 9.2 59 for sale asking price of $1100 if you need that one.

gossip.gif

Here is a Scan: Nice huh? thumbsup2.gif

452283-ToS59%209.2.jpg

589a8c0ca5320_452283-ToS599.2.jpg.ad8e454679a26722890941e7ff26a77f.jpg

Not my book...

I just found it on a site looking for other comics.

I'll take a finders fee for anyone who wants it. grin.gif