• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Few Sweet Books...GA, SA and BA - CLOSED!

78 posts in this topic

Thrilling Comics 67 CGC 7.0 Canadian Edition so there's go to be some headlights with the skimpy outfit.

$220

Thrilling6770FC.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD! Thanks!

Any Actions?

lol I own exactly one DC slab and it's a Mystery in Space.

you can't even call an assemblage of books a "collection" if there's not at least 1 slabbed mystery in space in it.

Any Actions?

lol I own exactly one DC slab and it's a Mystery in Space.

you can't even call an assemblage of books a "collection" if there's not at least 1 slabbed mystery in space in it.

Then I am safe!

Last one for tonight. Human Torch 4(3) CGC 5.5

I bought this from my LCS as a 5.5 PLOD S(P) with color touch on the spine and a spine roll. I thought by the look that the CT could be removed without damaging the book too badly. I sent it to Matt Nelson and he removed the CT and pressed out the spine roll. It re-graded as a 5.5.

I won't tell you how much the book and restoration removal cost me but it is a good bit more than I am asking. doh!

$1,200

HumanTorch43FC.jpg

Thrilling Comics 67 CGC 7.0 Canadian Edition so there's go to be some headlights with the skimpy outfit.

$220

Thrilling6770FC.jpg

Great pickup and a truly wonderful book Alex was magic with an airbrush!

I bought this from my LCS as a 5.5 PLOD S(P) with color touch on the spine and a spine roll. I thought by the look that the CT could be removed without damaging the book too badly. I sent it to Matt Nelson and he removed the CT and pressed out the spine roll. It re-graded as a 5.5.

I won't tell you how much the book and restoration removal cost me but it is a good bit more than I am asking. doh!

Twas a good thing you did for the book. It's painful to see this right now as I really wish I could go after this gem. Somebody snap this up.

Recap of what's left:

Page 3:

Jumbo Comics 76 CGC 9.0 C/OW pages. Old label goodness. Not pressed as far as I know. An issue that doesn't come around very often. $250 On Hold

-FWIW, note the check mark on the cover.

Page 5:

Startling 44 CGC 7.0 OW/W pages $400

Page 6:

Black Cat Comics #9 CGC 7.0 OW/W Pages - 2nd highest grade after two 8.0s (I've got one of those)! $145

Black Cat Comics 23 CGC 9.2 File Copy C/OW Pages - 2nd highest graded copy after one 9.4. $300

Jumbo Comics 94 CGC 9.0 C/OW Pages - 2nd highest graded behing 2 9.2s. $180

Page 7:

Jumbo Comics 122 CGC 9.0 OW/W Pages - Highest Graded Copy! $215

Page 8:

Human Torch 4(3) CGC 5.5 I bought this from my LCS as a 5.5 PLOD S(P) with color touch on the spine and a spine roll. I thought by the look that the CT could be removed without damaging the book too badly. I sent it to Matt Nelson and he removed the CT and pressed out the spine roll. It re-graded as a 5.5. I won't tell you how much the book and restoration removal cost me but it is a good bit more than I am asking. $1,200

$1,200

HumanTorch43FC.jpg

Alright. I sold enough to make me happy. Thanks to all the buyers. Books will ship out on Monday as long as payment has been made.