• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superheroes on Court! by our own esquirecomics (Mark Zaid)

18 posts in this topic

Hey thanks everyone! I really enjoy giving these lectures. I am doing another one in Rochester, NY next month in fact.

I'm always happy to travel for presentations so if anyone is interested and has a University or organization to sponsor it, let me know!

BTW, you might notice that sometimes the screen image does not seem to mesh with what I am talking about. Yale merged the two together (my images with my talk) and sometimes did not capture all the pps I was using.

:applause:

Great lecture! It would be awesome if you came to KU! I'm not in law school, but I'll find out what I can about sponsoring requirements.

I'm done with finals, so now it's time to catch up on comics!

:applause:

Great lecture! It would be awesome if you came to KU! I'm not in law school, but I'll find out what I can about sponsoring requirements.

I'm done with finals, so now it's time to catch up on comics!

Doesn't have to be a law school at all. I can give a lecture on the broader history of comic books, which includes some great hilarious double entendre examples, such as I gave at the San Diego Comic Con in 2009.

Comic Con Lecture: From Cave Art to Superheroes

A video of my powerpoint presentation delivered at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con featuring an educational and humorous interactive visual arts presentation tracing the historical creation and development of comic books and their characters, and particularly how comics addressed social issues of the day (including such topics as war, sex, civil rights, women's liberation, politics, censorship, violence, and terrorism.) The program was sponsored by the CertifiedGuarantyCompany, the leading comic certification company, GPAnalysis, the world's first analysis and reporting service for online auction and dealer comic book sales, and the NetworkofDisclosure (now the Comic Book Collecting Association), a group of comic book dealers and collectors, who have pledged to disclose any form of restoration or enhancement, the presentation is designed for audiences of all ages (warning: some images may be graphic).