• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more news from esquirecomics (Mark Zaid) - Showcase #4 sells for $100,000

19 posts in this topic

Amazing. Hell of a transaction to be involved in! Congrats Mark, not only is the deal good for you monetarily but the national coverage doesn't hurt either. Nice job! (thumbs u

How does that compare with what an AF #15, FF #1, Hulk #1 or any of the other big Marvel books in 9.2 would sell for?

Just trying to get a handle on it's relationship to other SA keys, and if it still one of the big three SA books.

How does that compare with what an AF #15, FF #1, Hulk #1 or any of the other big Marvel books in 9.2 would sell for?

Just trying to get a handle on it's relationship to other SA keys, and if it still one of the big three SA books.

It's right up there with the big Marvel keys if not more so.

Well, JIM #83 is about a $75-80K book in 9.2, FF #1 and Hulk #1 would likely be in the mid $150K range, AF #15 would be in the low $200K range so it's right up there with all the big boys.

(thumbs u

Well, JIM #83 is about a $75-80K book in 9.2, FF #1 and Hulk #1 would likely be in the mid $150K range, AF #15 would be in the low $200K range so it's right up there with all the big boys.

(thumbs u

Being a Marvel guy, if I had that kind of scratch, that would be THE DC book I would go for. It's simply an iconic book, and one of the few iconic Silver Age books with a 10¢ cover price. To be honest, $100.000 for the book that started the Silver Age, in that condition.... :acclaim:

(thumbs u

Being a Marvel guy, if I had that kind of scratch, that would be THE DC book I would go for. It's simply an iconic book, and one of the few iconic Silver Age books with a 10¢ cover price. To be honest, $100.000 for the book that started the Silver Age, in that condition.... :acclaim:

I'm sure if there was an equivalent Showcase 22 in 9.2 OW/W it would command as much.

(thumbs u

I'm sure if there was an equivalent Showcase 22 in 9.2 OW/W it would command as much.

Not sure is there IS an equivalent book. Just my opinion but what else is there as far as Silver Age goes unitl you hit the early Marvel books? Outside of AF #15, FF #1 & SM #1 what else is there in that range?

(thumbs u

Not sure is there IS an equivalent book. Just my opinion but what else is there as far as Silver Age goes unitl you hit the early Marvel books? Outside of AF #15, FF #1 & SM #1 what else is there in that range?

there's a silver age pre Marvel?

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed owning that book. It was a prize in my collection but I am happy to have seen it go to a major collector. ComicConnect pulled it all together and they deserve a ton of praise! Everyone was happy! :applause: