• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buscema

7 posts in this topic

I've been out of the comic loop for a number of years and I just started getting back into collecting. Is big John still alive and well? If I had to pick one, I'd say he was the best artist ever. I love Byrne, Miller, Kirby etc but John seemed draw in such a way that made you think "yeah that's the way everyone should draw that character". For example, Bryne is in my top three but I never was a big fan of the way he drew the Hulk and at times I found his work almost too detailed.

Love to hear everyone's opinion.

Wow, too bad. angel.gif I was just admiring some of his great covers. The Silver Surfer #4 has my vote as the greatest Silver Age cover piece. Time for a new thread?

Got to love this cover too http://www.comicartmuseum.org/comicart/cal-display.asp?LowryMemberID=926&LowryGalleryID=14301

He definitely did a great job with Mephisto. I have seen some artists do a pretty [!@#%^&^] poor job drawing him.