• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please buy my GA books quicker than I can spend your money! .....Closed!

67 posts in this topic

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Fight Comics #33 in 1.5. Great GGA war cover...one of the gems of this part of the Fight run, that typically goes for multiples of guide. Spine is well frayed; single staple has been replaced; general wear but still pretty decent for the grade, with nice color strike. Pages have some wear but are very bright. Tons of GGA inside. $70

Planet Comics #34 in 1.0/1.5. Classic "good girl in bondage" cover! This is a low-grade copy... main problem is slight brittleness to some of the corners and edges, resulting in chips to the bottom right corner of some pages (see 2nd photo for the worst of it), and a somewhat weak/splitty spine with a bit of glue resecuring it. Also a tear through the "ET" of Planet on the cover. That said, the book is solid & not completely brittle... with reasonable care it can be read and enjoyed. Decent reader/filler with a great cover. $70

Page 2:

Planet Comics #47 in 3.0. Very pretty black-covered book, general wear but very solid and clean. Front presents like a 4.0, and book feels nice in hand. There's a 2" tear and some stains on the back cover. Supple pages. Nice one! $82

Planet Comics #55 in 3.0. Solid, quite attractive lower-grade copy with nice deep color strike and supple pages. Cool GGA cover (one of my faves from this part of the run) and stories. Back cover has a corner piece out, and there's a 1.5" piece of clear tape at the top of the spine. Nice pages and book. $75

Page 3:

Four Color #199, 308, 422. All classic Donald Duck books by Carl Barks! These are reading copies. #199 is Poor with heavy moisture damage to cover...slight stains along bottom page edges, but art areas are clean. #308 has cover ink pull from sticking to other books...otherwise, it's a nice bright copy with great PQ...and grades Fair. #422 has general wear to the cover and is a solid Good. All are complete and readable. #422 alone is $33 in OS Guide 2.0, so the other two are pretty much freebies. Three really fun reads. $29 / lot of 3

Page 4:

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #155 in 5.0/5.5. Great Barks story with Uncle Scrooge. Glossy, sharp, attractive copy. $13

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #156 in 5.0/5.5. Wild, almost surreal Barks story. Nice copy overall, with a thin sun-fade strip along the LRC. $13

or, take the pair of WDCS #155 / #156 for $22

Detective Book Magazine, August 1930 in Good/Good-. Extremely scarce pulp from 1930. Way cool 'oriental menace' cover... IMO the cover art wouldn't look out of place on one of the single-digit Detective Comics covers, though it predates them by 7-8 years. Some wear and tear, but nice cover image. Pretty fragile around the edges & corners, but not quite brittle overall. $35

G-Men, April 1939 in Good+. Neat detective pulp, on the stands right around the same time as Detective Comics #27. Some pencil tracing on the cover and a heavy spine dent. Real pretty cover colors. $15

Thrilling Detective, April 1934 in Good+. Very cool early detective pulp with an 'oriental menace' cover theme, and absolutely blazing cover & spine reds... hard to believe this is from 1934. Some tears on the back spine which have been glued and taped from inside; worn back cover. Bold colorful spine, tho some chips missing. Despite the wear, real attractive book. $20

Page 5:

Dime Detective, July 1933 in Fair/Good. Trimmed. "Torture Tavern!" A real beauty of a scarce torture/GGA/bondage painted cover with rich colors (love the leer on the villain's face!). Lead feature is an "oriental menace"-themed story. A moderate amount of tape on cover and spine, spine is worn with repairs, chipped LRC, but image area is clean. Likely a $150-180 book in VGish shape. $60

Thrilling Wonder Stories, June 1950 in VG-. Really lovely GGA sci-fi cover by Earle Bergey. (How cool is her outfit!) Very clean and attractive front cover; quite decent red spine, though both spine ends have a bit of chipping. $16

I was waiting for an Action #16 about fine.

Sorry, sold out. Wish I knew you wanted it. You collect Actions? (shrug)

Well, I thought I might get a good deal on them seems Superman denounced his citizenship. :eyeroll:

I was waiting for an Action #16 about fine.

Sorry, sold out. Wish I knew you wanted it. You collect Actions? (shrug)

Well, I thought I might get a good deal on them seems Superman denounced his citizenship. :eyeroll:

lol

SELL! SELL! :ohnoez: