• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please buy my GA books quicker than I can spend your money! .....Closed!

67 posts in this topic

But I have to warn you, I've got a bit of a head start. :insane: A bunch of fun GA coming up for sale tonight and tomorrow...some new books and some price drops on some previous listings.

Shipping is extra at cost. I usually ship within a few days but it could conceivably take up to a week; if it does take that long, I will certainly keep you posted on the ETA. Feel free to PM if any particular concerns re timing. Thanks for looking! (thumbs u

--Jon

USA #16, 1944 in 1.5. WWII Timely with a wonderfully detailed Captain America cover by Schomburg. GGA/bondage, Bucky with mace (ouch!), Cap with motorcycle...what's not to love. Brilliant cover appeal... looks like a strong VG at first glance... but there's a coupon clipped on the back cover, wrapping around slightly to the front. Also a tear in the ULC, and light wear and rumples around the right edge. Cover is attached at the single staple. The interior pages are complete (a few pages have vertical printing creases running through them), and white! Affordable, presentable copy of a book that rarely comes around... I honestly can't remember a copy being offered for sale here before.

$240 SOLD

usa16.jpg

usa16back.jpg

Ideal Comics #1, 1944 in 2.0/2.5. Nice low-grade copy of this tough WWII Timely. These "funny animal" war books are bizarre! Super Rabbit vs. Germans and Japanese cover; many war-themed stories inside, including one with Hitler. Cover wrap is detached from book; some general wear. Real nice pages.

$50 SOLD

ideal1.jpg

ideal1back.jpg

Fight Comics #33 in 1.5. Great GGA war cover...one of the gems of this part of the Fight run, that typically goes for multiples of guide. Spine is well frayed; single staple has been replaced; general wear but still pretty decent for the grade, with nice color strike. Pages have some wear but are very bright. Tons of GGA inside.

$70

fight33.jpg

fight33back.jpg

Planet Comics #34 in 1.0/1.5. Classic "good girl in bondage" cover! This is a low-grade copy... main problem is slight brittleness to some of the corners and edges, resulting in chips to the bottom right corner of some pages (see 2nd photo for the worst of it), and a somewhat weak/splitty spine with a bit of glue resecuring it. Also a tear through the "ET" of Planet on the cover. That said, the book is solid & not completely brittle... with reasonable care it can be read and enjoyed. Decent reader/filler with a great cover. interior 1 interior 2

$70

planet34.jpg

planet34back.jpg

Planet Comics #47 in 3.0. Very pretty black-covered book, general wear but very solid and clean. Front presents like a 4.0, and book feels nice in hand. There's a 2" tear and some stains on the back cover. Supple pages. Nice one! (Wild splash page...)

$82

planet47.jpg

planet47back.jpg

Planet Comics #55 in 3.0. Solid, quite attractive lower-grade copy with nice deep color strike and supple pages. Cool GGA cover (one of my faves from this part of the run) and stories. Back cover has a corner piece out, and there's a 1.5" piece of clear tape at the top of the spine. Nice pages and book. interior spread

$75

planet55.jpg

planet55back.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, all. Unfortunately though, I need to get back on baby duty for awhile. I'll pick this up tomorrow... more to come. (thumbs u